Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Sanguinary Priests

885 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lord Reevan 
#1 ·
Call me cheap but I think that what I am going to do for my Sanguinary priests are to get a set of assualt marines and paint those fuckers white and add a little bit of trim colour make sure that they all have the big side bags to hold the blood chalice or what not and call them my Priests. What do you think, I mean they need to have JP for my army and I am so not willing to spend $15 for one model when I can buy 5 for $22. Is it a viable option or would people bitch too much ... tell me what you think.

#2 ·
I think if you start by taking a few krak grenades and shave them down, paint them like the apothecary vials. Then add some extra pouches and helmets with extra sensors and a red and white paint job you would be in business. I'm looking for some alternatives for grails myself, though I might just use some of the ornate backpack/banner tops modified to fit into the priests hands and call them holy relics rather than just grails....

#6 ·
A Little more than jsut a paintjob and an extra pocket would be better. Don't those sanguinary priests have exsanguinators? Amra's idea of using grenades as those blood vials is a very solid start. also A small needle like thing comoing out of a meltabomb on their forearm would make a pretty easy exsanguinator.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.