Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Dragonball z minis

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Varakir 
#1 ·
Hello. I'm coming into some miniatures, but as i'm sort of on hiatus from wargaming, I think i'll turn them into a project, that being making them saiyans from the dragonball z series.
I've never used green stuff before, but I imagine the hair might be a problem, and I might sculpt some blasts on top of some hollow bases. Also, if the time allows it, I may look into sculpting some saiyan pods from scratch.
Any suggestions, tips, links to good tutorials or anything of that nature would be greatly appreciated.
For those of you not familiar with dbz, this is what they will look like for the most part.

The pod

See less See more
#4 ·
I made some dbz lego a while ago, the hair was actually pretty easy to do with milliput.

Vegeta came out a lot better, but no idea where the pics are for him and i sold the figures on some time ago.

#6 ·
I just did individual spikes and then smushed them together.

I should think it'll be easier with green stuff, though the sclae might be a little more difficult.

What base miniatures are you using?

#7 ·
I'm going to buy some ghouls, cut them up and reposition them. I figure it would be easier since they are bald and thin, but if you have any better suggestions, please do tell. I am a little worried about how it will turn out. I have big hands, so any idea as how I can do intricacies and manage to model it into the desired look?

#8 ·
I'd be inclined to use non-gw miniatures. There's plenty of manufacturers that do buff guys which would work well. I think hasslefree does some miniatures with gi's as well.

As for the sculpting, you could get some modelling tools or just use a knife. Make sure you use plenty of water or vaseline while you sculpt though as otherwise it'll stick to you/your tools.

In fact i'd probably read a tutorial from someone who knows more about sculpting than my meagre experience :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.