Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

How do I paint salamanders

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  CMDante 
#1 ·
I made a mistake and primed my armour black. I'm pretty sure I have all the greens I need, but i keep on hearing different greens. Can someone help? I also don't know how many green stages to do. What wash should use?

#2 ·
What's wrong with priming your armour black? Its easier than white.

Anyway use some Knarloc Green as your basecoat for the Green, and then Snot Green as your main coat, assauming of course that you want to stick with the standard Salamanders scheme (there's plenty of dark greens if your looking to experiment). Finally if you want try a Thraka Green wash to finish off the armour.

#4 ·
This is virtually the same way i do it, apart from the eye colour, and i basecoat with snot green (though you need 2+ coats with snot green, orkhide is probably easier)

As long as you use snot green for your base colour and scorpion for highlights you can't go wrong really.

Priming black is much easier for the salamanders scheme, so you shouldn't worry on that front.

Good luck with your sallies :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.