Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Terminator Chaplain WIP

870 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  The Wraithlord 
#1 ·
Hello to all. I am now painting one of my favourite minis; the termie chaplain! Here are two pics on WIP. I would like C&C on the parchment in front and on the blending on his bolter and shoulder pad. Do they look ok to you? I kinda like em.
Have a look:grin:

See less See more
#2 ·
From what I can tell the blending on the shoulder pad looks a lot better than the bolter, on the bolter it still looks like two blocks of colour. Use a lot more shades to gradate from one colour to the other :victory:

I also think you need to pit some sort of wash (devlan mud I suggest) on the gold, bone and parchment to add further depth.

Overall I think this is a really good start, you just need to start bringing out the details :biggrin:

Hope this helps

Reaper

#3 ·
From what I can tell the blending on the shoulder pad looks a lot better than the bolter, on the bolter it still looks like two blocks of colour. Use a lot more shades to gradate from one colour to the other.
Some of that may be the pictures.

The blending looks fine. It could stand another layer of color-- there's a bit too much "bright" and not enough shadow.

Since you're bothering doing blending on the bolter and shoulder pad, you might as well go ahead and do it on the parchment as well. You'll want to go from the bone tone to white, and shade it with a mix of the original bone color and a medium brown. As it stands, the parchment looks like it's just been painted with bone and washed, and it could use some more attention.

#5 ·
It looks wery good man! :)

On the gems, I think they look wery good. The eyes though, I do not like. They are looking worse than the gems, and are destracting, making the gems look less good. I would suggest maybe painting the eyes red instead. Though that may be just my personal preference ^^

Other than that, I suggest drilling the gunbarrels next time. Maybe you could add some script to the parchment? Would look wery good.

I can not see if you have highlighted the black. If you havent, I would suggest highlightning with a mix of grey and black, as "extreme" highlights just doesn't work (at least for me) on black.

Good luck with the model man. It's gonna look great! :good:

#7 ·
This model is off to a very very good start. I have to agree with Tossidin about the eyes as they detract from the rest of the model. I have found over the years that green eyes need to be done just so to look good and even then only in combination with certain colours. I would suggest red/orange eyes as well.

I would also pick out the details on the gold just a hair more, maybe with some mithril silver mixed in with the final gold colour you used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.