Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

IG Vets

830 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  CMDante 
#1 ·
Having decided to do a IG army for 40k once more, i dug out some old boxes of IG stuff i've gathered and began to build up some veteran squads. Here is the result of my first 30mins labour :grin:

Made using parts from an IG trooper sprue and an IG command sprue, i cut the handle holding hand from the arm that goes alongside the grenade launcher and glued it to an arm without a hand that came from on of the sprues, this was positioned to look like a cigar of sorts and the relaxed helmet holding arm was added aswell. He is painted in the brown and khaki of my army as i personally don't like the green and khaki of the normal cadian 8th

cheers

See less See more
#4 ·
i've never been good with washes but i'll will deffinately have another go on this guy, and in all honesty i completely forgot about the end of the cigar when painting it.

I'll post up some more pics after some touch ups today

Cheers

#5 ·
Looks awesome, I stare in awe at people painting horde armies. I need to stop complaining about my 40 space marines!

Cool idea with the cigar, but looking at how he's clenching it, I'd say its the last one in his pack!

Cudos.

#6 ·
Cool idea with the cigar, but looking at how he's clenching it, I'd say its the last one in his pack!
I've never been great at conversions so attempting to make it look properly held was far beyond me, so i simply went for the best effect i could get with what i could manage. Hopefully ill be able to improve on the idea through my army if i get the urge.

Looks awesome, I stare in awe at people painting horde armies. I need to stop complaining about my 40 space marines!
I almost cry when i look at how many guys i still have to paint, around 100 IG with a few tanks, and thats without including around 88 empire, 80 gobos, 40 dwarfs, 50 orks and whatever else i have lying around, I love horde armies but when it comes to painting them i take weeks.

#7 ·
Get a spray gun and learn to use washes, then you can make table top ready armies in no time, i made thirty marines table top ready in a day, that doesnt mean they are completely finished with detail and all, but putting the trim on the armor and with a wash for a highlight effect they are good enough to be played untill they are finished.

Love the cigar idea by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.