Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

my preadetor

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  fatmantis 
#1 ·
hi all just another pic amateur painter

#2 ·
I like the dirt and scratches you painted on, it makes it look more authentic. Not to mention the lightning symbols on the lascannons are neat.

#10 · (Edited)
That's pretty good. I'm glad to see you took the time to paint the interior. I just have a couple of suggestions.

1. Scratch placements: the worn-in look is nicely done, but there's too much on all surfaces of the tank. Chip/scratches mostly occur on hard corners and edges. You have them all over the vehicle, even on flat smooth surface on top of the vehicle. Take a look at this one from the GW site >PREADATOR<

2. Scratch direction: Normally scratches tend to be in one direction. Think about how something might scratch a vehicle, if say it was to drive through a barrier or wall or some obstacle. The majority of scratches would follow the direction of movement of the vehicle. So on the sides it would be horizontal and on the front it would be vertical scratches. Yours appear to be all over in all directions.

3. Hazard lines: I really like the hazard lines on the rear hatch, that's actually what I got going for my vehicles. You need to even out the yellow and black lines. They should be the same thickness otherwise it looks like a yellow wall with black stripes, rather than equal black and yellow stripes.

Overall, good job. The tracks look great and so does the mud effect. By the way, what's the story behind the White Scars emblem on an Ultra Marine vehicle?

P.S. + Rep for a great start on vehicle painting.

#13 · (Edited)
Nice job, only advice I would give is to use a small brush for weathering, and to use bolter gun metal instead of white (Could be the lighting if it is).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.