Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Death Guard Plague Marines

8K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  WarlordKaptainGrishnak 
#1 · (Edited)
I haven't played or painted 40k for over 3 years and back in the day my painting wasn't really that great. I've recently started up again with a Death Guard army and i'm hoping since i'm a little older and have a little more artistic experience my models will look an acceptable standard.

Here are a few of my first Plague Marines, they still need basing and a bit of touching up but you get the idea! Sorry for the bad quality!

See less See more
#8 ·
These look great. This being your starting point, I think you can certainly go a long way!

The only real suggestion that I have right off is to have a little more contrast. Particularly between the greens and the reds. They both feel like they were highlighted with bleached bone or white. Perhaps a thin red wash on the reds, and a gloss varnish on the gooey bits?

#12 ·
I need more advice from your fine selves. Here is my army list. (I've already posted it in the army list section) I've just come into £70 and was wondering what things you would all suggest getting my hands on and would like to see me tackle painting first!

- HQ -

~Deamon Prince, wings, Warptime

~Deamon Prince (Nurgle model) Wings, Mark Of Nurlge, Nurgles Rot

- Troops -

~Plague Marines
1 Plague Champion with power fist
6 Plague Marines, 2 Melta, 1 personal Icon
1 Rhino (Twin Linked Bolter)

~Plague Marines
6 plague marines, 2 Melta,

- Heavy Support -

~Obliterator Cult
1 Obliterator
Points 75

~Obliterator Cult
1 Obliterator
points 75

Total: 992

Thanks for the help.

#16 ·
- HQ -

~Deamon Prince, wings, Warptime

~Deamon Prince (Nurgle model) Wings, Mark Of Nurlge, Nurgles Rot

both good HQ choices

- Troops -

~Plague Marines
6 Plague Marines, 2 Melta, 1 personal Icon

excellent exactly how i play my PM

~Plague Marines
6 plague marines, 2 Melta,

excellent - maybe drop the meltas for some plasma guns for MEQ, MC etc as you already have oblits and DP's for anti armour

- Heavy Support -

~Obliterator Cult
1 Obliterator
Points 75

~Obliterator Cult
1 Obliterator
points 75

who could possibly say no to obliterators!!!

Total: 992

All in all very solid, my only concern is that you only have 2 scoring units of 7, so only really 14 bodies on the board, and while plague marines are renown for their survivability, anything in the league of demolisher cannons or battle cannons are going to deny you not only your armour save but you FNP too (instant death's a bitch), and at 23 points a model its gonna hurt. I suggest possibly dropping one DP and trying to put a few more bodies on the table.

[/QUOTE]

#17 ·
My thoughts exactly! Fielding the army as it is there is really a double edged sword, it can go beautifully and it can go horrifically.

I'm dropping one DP like you suggested and adding a squad of 10 or so regular Chaos Space Marines to thicken up my scoring units!

Thanks for all the advice.

#23 ·
Got to give some plus rep for the Obliterator! there pal.

#24 ·
Nice work in here, certainly more than just 'acceptable' as far as paint goes. Keep up the nice work!

One thing guys, this is the hobby section and not the army list section. Please post lists and such in the Army Lists area, not here. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.