Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Kraken Splinter Fleet: Heskyyl

9K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Shadowfane 
#1 · (Edited)
Tyranid Hive Fleet Kraken

Hi guys thought I would post some pics of my Tyranids. Forgive the quality on some of the them I am having to use my webcam. I am still only part way through painting my army so I will keep adding models as I finish them. Hopefully a grand picture at the end with my entire swarm...

I will start with my Hive Tyrant:

The first of my completed Carnifex. All the arms and the head are magnetized so I can swap and change them depending on my army list.

A dead smurf at the feet of the Carnifex... His name is "Sperare" which is Latin for "Hope" I hate Ultramarines.. This is before I finished basing it and glued the Carnifex in place...

The first model I painted for my nids was this Lictor, currently working on a better one with a bit of a hiding behind terrain theme..

And this ravener which I have converted with some fantasy bits and green stuff to look like he has burrowed out of the ground. If I knew how awful these guys were before I painted him I would never have gotten him finished. The rest of his brood are hiding underground until the next codex when I might consider painting them.. Oh and yes that is an Eldar head he has in his claws... :)

Here is my finished Broodlord. Nice easy model to paint and nothing too spectacular about him. I thought about converting him then I saw the Broodlord from Space Hulk... :D

Here is another of my magnetized Carnifex with the Sniperfex weapons and head...

Here are a few more angles on the Carnifex including a requested picture of them with the magnetized limbs (and heads) removed...

Here is a brood of 16 Spinegaunts.. Tedious work... And this is only a quarter of my gaunt models done... Eukkkk

Here is my new Space Hulk Broodlord re-based for use in 40k as well as SH. I basically cut that ridiculous platform of skulls right down and using Milliput I constructed what is supposed to be him teetering on the edge of a Digestion Pool.. Keen VC players will spot some bits off of the Zombie Sprues...

The next 5 are pics of my Winged Hive Tyrant. I painstakingly filed away his top carapace and miasma vents to get the wings on top. (I didnt want to sacrifice any of the arm slots which are magnetized as are the wings themselves.) I built the base from layered pieces of foam carved with my modelling knife to give him a lofty position above the rest of my army to really give him the flying look. Let me know what you think I am quite proud of him.

Zoanthropes to follow... :-D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.