Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Airbrush: TrueFlame

2K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Captain Galus 
#1 ·
Like a few people around here I am pretty new with an airbrush. My son's friend came over this week with a guitar hero guitar that was quite beat up so I talked him into letting me give it a go with my airbrush. This is my first time trying out the TrueFlame technique...,

Let me know what you think.:victory:

See less See more
#5 ·
That looks fantastic.

I think I may need to go and do some practising with my brush. I need to learn to do this kind of stuff.

Is that all free hand or did you use any masking at all?

#6 ·
Is that all free hand or did you use any masking at all?
It's free hand..., but I use plastic card with various curves that I cut into it to highlight the edges as I go.

I need to learn to do this kind of stuff.
This is where I learned the technique if you are interested. They are true pros and they explain the techniques in easy to understand steps. Watch them a couple of times and then go for it!:victory:

http://ca.youtube.com/user/AirbrushTricks

that is SICK! if you could shrink the scale and put that on a tank for instance...
Keep watching..., I plan on at least giving it a try.

#12 ·
You know.... sometimes I really hate you Fist :)

Of course, I may have to bring my controller to you to get that done as well lol.

#14 ·
What paint did you use on it Fist?
It is a mix of GW paints and some 'airbrush' paint that I picked up at Micheal's.

You know.... sometimes I really hate you Fist

Of course, I may have to bring my controller to you to get that done as well lol.
Bring it! I need the practice. I just bought a new black mailbox today that I am going to paint up next. :laugh: Should be interesting.

#25 ·
Candy can be a royal pain in the arse to work with if you are not careful with it. As damned fist said Creatix makes a great line of transparent paints that work well, or you can use the inks if you want some shine, and the washes work really well sprayed over metalics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.