Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Panic's Guard

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Lord Sinkoran 
#1 ·
Ok, so as my second post here I thought I'd show off my guard. Consider this thread an ongoing blog of sorts, as I'll post updates as stuff gets finished off. Bear in mind that most of the paintjobs are at the "basic gaming" level unless otherwise noted...

First up, super-heavy company command vehicle "Imperator Ordinatus", near finished...

Here, the commissariat baneblade (as yet unnamed), flat "gaming" paintjob, awaiting weathering and detail...

(Very) WIP superheavy recovery vehicle, based on a kit of a "dragon wagon" from WWII. Not happy with the tracks at the rear, but the cabin seems good so far, will have a small turret on the cab in the end too....

More later ;)....

See less See more
#4 ·
Here's the Armoured Company, first the command vanquisher

Conqueror:

Leman Russ:

Demolisher:

Basilisk:

Techpriest, tech-servitors and chimera:

more to come ;).....

#6 ·
You my friend are an excellent painter. In particular your weathering it excellent, that very first tank looks like you just pulled it out of the muddy fields and snapped off a pic! Excellent! Please post more, or even some ideas on how you achieve your weathering.

#7 · (Edited)
I use tamiya masters weathering powder :good:

The armour is painted "sunbleach" style, that's to say I highlight the centres of the panels and the rivets, leaving the edges and recesses dark. Then I use a mix of scorched brown and red gore to paint the rusted or chipped details, taking some of this on a pallette I mix fiery orange and more red and blotch this on unevenly. A final touch of chainmail and the metal's done. The metalwork then receives a dose of the "rust" powder, tracks and lower hull get "mud" (always brushing upwards), gun barrels and exhausts get "smoke" and finally the top part of the tank gets "sand", always brushing front to back ;)

#8 ·
Here's another example of weathering, this time a chimera equivalent half-track sporting a turret autocannon, used by my armoured company commissariat stormtrooper squad:

Here's an image with a regular chimera for comparison and my command salamander equiv. scout car conversion....

guess what? more to come!

#9 ·
you like you tanks, love your work, sweet convershions

#10 ·
I'm definately a tread-head :biggrin::thank_you::blush:

#13 ·
Some more stuff, 1st armoured fist squadron, still WIP but the closest I've got to a finished unit of infantry:

Ogryn Bone'ead "Sgt Krugeran"

Inquisitor with stormtrooper bodyguard and personal rhino, still very WIP:

Sentinel recon squadron, 2 with autocannons, 1 with lascannon:

yet more to come...

#20 · (Edited)
The weathering dust I use is "Tamiya Masters Weathering", comes in two packs that look like small make-up kits. Each has 3 colours of dust, in one there's
soot/smoke, snow and rust, the other has mud, dust and sand. The powder comes compressed, and comes with a small sponge/brush applicator (throw this away, haul out a decent flat paintbrush). It's fairly easy to apply but will need to be "fixed" with some kind of spray after as it'll eventually rub off if you don't. When I get back from Portugal I'll do a photo "how to" on this, until then here's a link to the product itself:
http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/87080weathering/index.htm

Ooooh, just noticed they got new weathering products now too, niiiice....

#17 ·
Man that is some very very nice work, the weathering in particular is stunning.

#19 ·
:grin: Glad to see y'all like my stuff! Will be in Portugal for the next week (1130km to drive tonight :() so you'll have to wait for more (got internet where I'm going, but not all my paints), plenty to come...

By the way, I do vehicles on commission sometimes, a service I offer to my buddies who live close by and now offer to members here, normally takes a couple of days. If anyone's interested PM me....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.