Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulpting then casting GW products

519 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  The Son of Horus 
#1 ·
Hi folks need some info/advice here

Im contemplating starting a small nurgle force (for all that str5 goodness) and have a few questions regards casting with gw parts.

I plan on buying 10 marines, and sculpting my own details etc onto each separate component (legs, head, torso, arms etc) every peice will be altered in my own way.

then i plan to make my own sprue of the 10 marines as such, mould and then cast in resin.

Im not planing to sell these models or anything, they will be for my own use (maybe a unit for my friend) and there wont be a large number of them (unless i get carried away of coarse)

I know there was someone on here (cant find them now) that sculpted steel legion based off guardsmen and made moulds then cast them, it would be a similar deal.

So what are peoples thoughts? i may sell them if there is huge interest, and no breaking of copyrights etc.

#2 ·
Go to jail, go straight to jail.

By adding details to the GW models you are creating a derivative work and if you cast them you are copying the original IP.

Selling or not you are breaching copyright.

#4 ·
Here is you problem.

"I plan on buying 10 marines" BASTARD !!!!!!

"I plan on sculpting, from scratch, upper torsos that will fit with popular 28mm Sci Fi figures" ahhh that's better :) :)

#5 ·
Yeah, this thread is a big no-no.

Nobody can stop you from casting your own parts (I certainly do it myself) but Games Workshop takes a pretty dim view of us having discussions about it on here, and we've gotten enough C&D letters from them over the years for various things that I'd just as soon not add more to that collection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.