Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

More Necron Goodness!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Shogun_Nate 
#1 ·
Howdy folks!

Well, I've been rather busy trying to sort out my Necrons for a local tourney so I've managed to get a little more done. I'm hoping to get them all sorted soon enough but here's some of my stuff so far:

Here's my Phaeron:

Some shots of my finished Scarab bases:

Here are some of my WiPs:
Flayed ones

They still need a LOT of greenstuff work on them. I only gave them the first layer of flesh. There's going to be a lot more skin to be wrapped and hands to be sorted, that's for sure. Good thing I like playing with greenstuff...:biggrin:

Necron Lord

Later today I'll be sallying forth into battle for said tourney. I wish I painted faster but sadly, I was unable to get them all prettied up. I still have to finish up my Immortals, though they at least have their basic colors on them. The lord and cryptek for my force have only the silver on them which means they're going to be hideously ugly LOL! I managed to yellow-tac a couple of barges together so here's to hoping they stay in one piece :laugh:!

Oh well, such is life I guess. At least I'll be that much closer to having more necrons done by the next tourney lol!

Good luck and good gaming,

Nate

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good so far. I like the color scheme on the scarabs. Best of luck at the tourney! (I think you'll need it if you're going with flayed ones :p )

#3 ·
Loving those Flayed Ones, Arch-git... SO much better that those rather sad-looking Finecast GW ones.

What's the fluff to the Lords having slashed their Triarch marking?

And is that a bullet hole in the unpainted Lord's head? o_O

#4 ·
Howdy folks!

The tourney went well. We only managed to get in two games per person but I lost the first one to Grey Knights only by a few objective points (the tourney works a lot different from most as you earn objective points for each turn you hold/contest an objective and any unit can do said holding/contesting). I got a solid victory on the second one against another necron army. I also managed a pick-up game after the tourney against a Blood Angel army which ended in victory for my Necrons as well.

@The Xeno-Loving, Heretic - I think I have some stuff up in another thread on here.

In a not-so-small nutshell:

The Dynasty is a small, fringe-world one and was part of an alliance between other small kingdom banded together as part of a mutal pact of protection against the predations of larger, more powerful dynasties. During one of the skirmishes between the smaller pact dynasties and a larger one, a fellow phaeron betrayed my overlord and struck him down with his warscythe. If not for the timely intervention of the overlord's son, he would have been destroyed. The forced retreat caused by the treacherous act coincided with the necron race's decision to go into hibernation. Before the long sleep, my phaeron decreed that until his honor was satisfied and he had his revenge against the traitor, he would not allow the sundered symbol on his chest to be repaired as a reminder of the treacherous act. As he is marked by this reminder, so too are his warriors. No member of his dynasty will be able to wear the whole symbol of the Triarch until the matter is settled.

Now, as a secondary bit to explain the half-flesh mask he wears, during the final years before the necron race woke from the long sleep, the phaeron was infected with the flayer virus by Eldar rangers seeking to destroy them before they could come to full awareness. However, a timely intervention by the tomb world's guardians ensured that they were unable to infect many of the Necrons as they slept. Unfortunately, as a final spiteful act before his death, the ranger's leader managed to infect the overlord.

When it was discovered that he was infected, the phaeron had his crypteks begin work on a way to fight off the effects of the flayer virus. They were unable to rid him of the virus but one managed to modify nanotized mindshackle scarabs into an anti-virus. The scarabs can never totally rid the phaeron of the flayer virus and, eventually, he will succumb to it. But, for now he fights both the urges forced on him by the virus and seeks out the revenge he hopes he will find before he descends into full madness. With each passing day he grows closer and closer to losing his grip on reality. He has even started to mark himself with the flesh of fallen enemies.

As for the lord, he represents the phaeron's son (and successor once the virus takes his father). The 'bullet hole' in his forehead is actually modelled after the rounded top of an ankh. Once I get some paint on him, you'll be able to see it a little more clearly LOL!

The flayed ones are included for background purposes (as fluff matters most!). They find themselves drawn by the virus running amok through the phaeron and the bloody path he is carving across the galaxy in order to enact his final revenge. As for the modelling, thanks for the kind words bud! I decided to make my own instead of buying the finecrap ones as I just don't like them. I wish they'd finecasted the older ones. Those looked nice to me. These new ones look like their wearing cloaks or shawls instead of ragged bits of flensed flesh.

Good luck and good gaming,

Nate

#5 ·
Perhaps an alternate fluff idea for your Flayed Ones:

"Your" Flayed Ones are actually warriors/Immortals/whatevers captured by your Overlord that once served the one that betrayed him (You need to come up with names, Arch-git :wink:). He'd never trust them, even if reprogrammed, in his Warrior/Immortal legions, so he had them infected with the Flayer virus by his crypteks. You could even paint the Flayed Ones in the colors of this betrayer...

This also leads to a secondary idea; convert yet another Cryptek to be your Overlord's personal physician/"researcher" of the Flayer virus. It would be your call to decide whether the "doctor" has also succumbed to the virus (Due to studying it a bit TOO closely- "To fully understand the virus, I shall infect myself with trace quantities of it...") or has remained "healthy" so far. Of course, the idea of a Flayed One Royal Court Physician may be too much for you to resist... :wink:

#6 ·
/sigh...

Damn you...

:headbutt:

Now I have ideas... :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.