Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Dark Mechanicum

718 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dakingofchaos 
#1 ·
Hi all, i've decided not to start this as a project log because as anybody who has ever read one of my blogs will know i have a habit of leaving them to rot and die :L
I've decided to start a Dark Mechanicum army (counts as imperial guard) and i have just got through a box of cadians and a whole lot of green stuff. As you'll see in my doodles im sort of going for a 'gothic cult' kind of look, i've been practicing on my spare chaos marines and i think im brave enough now to green stuff robes for these chaps as well; this is only a side project to my chaos army though, more so for greenstuff practice than anything so dont expect too regular updates.

Heres some of my initial ideas:

In the last picture i decided to build a cardboard mock up of the bunker so i could later make a proper plasticard one, what do we think?

I've ordered plenty of green stuff and a set of tools as i think i'll need all the practice i can get with sculpting robes

And heres the first guy, i've decided to start magnetising things as well, so i've got a special weapons chap with his arm magnetised to allow him use of a flamer or a grenade launcher:

I got a bit excited with the dremel though and screwed up, thank god the kit has two grendade launchers!

Well heres the start of them, what do we think? Any ideas for futher conversions/counts as? Or even better, any tips for guardsmen head swaps? I kinda want something mechanicumish (i.e robotic) but i also kind of want it hooded as to fit in with the robes, not entirely sure if ill be able to find what i want or have to buy heads and greenstuff more hoods for them.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.