Imperial Guard with Tempestus allies 1000 pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-16, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
David_H's Flag is: Hungary

Default Imperial Guard with Tempestus allies 1000 pts

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on my latest list. It's supposed to take part in a beginner's tournament at my local wargame club.

Primary detachment-Cadian CAD

HQ
  • Tank command (LR Punisher with Pask, LR Exterminator as wingman, no sponsons)

Troops
  • Infantry platoon consisting of a platoon command, 3 infantry squads and a commissar
  • Veteran squad with 3 meltas and demolitions doctrine
  • Dedicated Chimera for the vet squad with dozer blade and augur array

Secondary detachment-Militarum Tempestus allied detachment

HQ
  • MT command suqad witn 3 plasma guns
Troops
  • 6-man strong MT scion squad with 2 hot-shot volley guns

This adds up to 992 pts. Of the remaining points, I was thinking about outfitting Pask with recovery gear and the sergeants in the infatntry squads with boltguns. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-16, 12:38 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Welcome on the board David_H.
My humble suggestion:
drop the infantry blob and the command squad. no special weapons and "just" 30 bodies are just there to eat space and be annoying when you have to move them.
with spared points you should be able to fit in taurox + melta vets.
Also, i've never found demolitions to be useful doctrine. lots of wasted points.
Moreover you could swap the normal tempestus detachment with this, the "Start Collecting Tempestus" special formation. (you could find the odd points missing by removing Pask: in my opinion, at 1000 pts he is too many eggs in one basket. a basket that will be target n1. he is that at 1500, imagine at 1000....)
If you ask me, an frigging cool formation.
Recycling deepstiking plasmagun/meltagun scions and taurox for long range light artillery duty.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-16, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
David_H's Flag is: Hungary

Thanks for the advice! I was also looking at the Hellrain formation, it looks awesome, the only problem is that I have no Taruox models so far... Plus, as far as I know, units in a formation are not objective secured, unless it is explicitly stated in the formation rules (such as in the case of Empereor's Blade formation).

The role of the blob would be, in my view, to serve as meat shield/tarpit and protect the LR command squad against assaults, so I try to keep them as cheap as possible. Also, they can put out a decent volume of fire: the platoon command can order First rank fire, second rank fire, resulting in 54 shots (81 if in rapid fire range).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode