1850 Emperor's Fist and CAD HELP!!!! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-15, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

HokieHWT's Flag is: USA

Who the hell wants to run 3-5 man platoons? I sure as hell don't. They are pointless. I will actually be trying out the Blade Assault Company with 4 chimeras and a hellhound, actually went out and bought one today. Need to figure out which variant I want to make or does it HAVE to be a hellhound, as written?

Check out my 2nd Catachan Regiment Project Log
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=131473

Catachan Devils W6-L11-D1
Steel Legion Heavy Mech W6-L0-D0
Minotaurs and Knights W5-L1-D0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-15, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

He's right there!!!!!!

post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-15, 12:51 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHWT View Post
I know some were interpreting it as 5 squads, although it says infantry squads.
That I would not be willing to brook. Infantry Squads are a unit entry, Platoon Command Squads are an entry, and Heavy Weapon Teams are an entry (all making up an Infantry Platoon of course). All have different attributes, upgrades, and profiles. Five Infantry squads is five infantry squads, not a PCS two Infantry Squads and two Heavy Weapons Teams. From the Codex, concerning the composition of one Infantry Platoon:

Quote:
Composition: 1 Platoon Command Squad, 2-5 Infantry Squads, 0-5 Heavy
Weapons Squads, 0-3 Special Weapons Squads and 0-1 Conscripts Squad.
At this juncture I would like to point out GW has edited out the 'all you need for this Formation' comment in the original blurb for this online bundle, I just mean to point out that pictures aren't always the way it works.

The Mont'ka stuff is meant to relive a larger battle than what a Decurion-esque 'super Formation', which is more commonly found in a Codex and not a Campaign book, would and so the unit compositions are through the roof. When the AM 'dex gets a proper 7th edition release with all the bells and whistles the other more current books have we'll see smaller more usable Formations for the average collector I imagine.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 12-24-15 at 02:03 AM.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-15, 06:32 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Who the hell wants to run 3-5 man platoons? I sure as hell don't. They are pointless. I will actually be trying out the Blade Assault Company with 4 chimeras and a hellhound, actually went out and bought one today. Need to figure out which variant I want to make or does it HAVE to be a hellhound, as written?
if you want to go for a flamer template with ignore cover, go for the Chem cannon (poisoned 2+ is awesome against marines and such)

however the Melta cannon lets you shoot a small blast with melta stats, minus the melta special rule.

between these two the standard hellhound seems a bit. sad.

and personaly I got great delight out of killing a ravenwing bike squad with the chem cannon last weekend.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-15, 06:05 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Need to figure out which variant I want to make or does it HAVE to be a hellhound, as written?
Upon checking out the Hellhound Squadron entry,

Quote:
Unit Composition:
1 Hellhound, 1 Devil Dog or 1 Bane Wolf
So you're good to go on any of the variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
between these two the standard hellhound seems a bit. sad.
It's true, though if you're not facing 3+ saves the fact that the Hellhound has a Torrent weapon really helps it out over the chem cannon's short range. Against a RW bike squad with few numbers you're winning, but against a unit with multiple wounds per model (or just more models in the unit) I find its range leaves it too open to a counter attack.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-30-15, 08:16 PM
General Eric's Flag is: USA

I had a question about this list:

"Emperor's fist" armoured company
Techpriest Enginseer.
1st squadron:
Tank commander, Leman russ vanquisher, Lascannon, camo netting.
Leman Russ vanquisher, Lascannon, camo netting.
2nd squadron:
Leman Russ battle tank, Heavy bolter, camo netting.
3rd squadron
Leman Russ Domolisher, Heay bolter, multi melta's, camo netting.
4th squadron
Leman Russ executioner, Plasma cannons, camo netting.
-
"Emperor's blade" assault company
Regimental command carapace armour, 2x plasma guns.
veterans 2x melta guns, carapace armour.
veterans 2x plasma guns, carapace armour.
veterans 2x plasma guns, carapace armour.
4 chimera's.
Bane wolf.
Devil Dog.
1850 points

Can you run a "Core" and "Auxiliary" without the "Command"? And as a follow up, would it be possible to run just an "Auxiliary"?

thank you for any responses, have not been sure how to fit these new formations in my current army, would be much easier to not have to follow the Detachment Org and just choose 1 of the formations.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-30-15, 08:32 PM
General Eric's Flag is: USA

As far as the Pask issue, it clearly says "No unique models may taken other than the ones listed"

But nowhere does it say Special Characters are restricted to Cadian Planet, meaning if you could take Pask or Creed in a Core or Auxiliary choice you could in turn take Straken or harker in any of those formations. I feel that they included the bit about No unique Char. outside of the ones listed to prevent this argument of adding Unique Characters to non Battle Command Formations aswell as keeping it Cadian SC only.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-16, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Eric View Post
As far as the Pask issue, it clearly says "No unique models may taken other than the ones listed"

But nowhere does it say Special Character are restricted to Cadian Planet, meaning if you could take Pask or Creed in a Core or Auxiliary choice you could in turn take Straken or harker in any of those formations. I feel that they included the bit about No unique Char. outside of the ones listed to prevent this argument of adding Unique Characters to non Battle Command Formations aswell as keeping it Cadian SC only.
Correct and Pask is listed under the Battle Group Command on the same page as that sentence. I'm still waiting on ITC and GW FAQ to respond.

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-16, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Eric View Post
I had a question about this list

Can you run a "Core" and "Auxiliary" without the "Command"? And as a follow up, would it be possible to run just an "Auxiliary"?

thank you for any responses, have not been sure how to fit these new formations in my current army, would be much easier to not have to follow the Detachment Org and just choose 1 of the formations.
I believe you can but you don't get the command benefits of high command, vox net or sharpshooter. You can make an army out of just formations, I ran an emperors fist and Skyhammer last week, just don't get objective secured unless you run emperors blade, which gives it as a formation benefit. I'm not the expert but I have been asking GW managers at two separate stores for their interruptions.

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-16, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

@ntaw I finally heard back from Frankie at ITC, Pask IS allowed. Feel free to PM me your email and I'll forward his reply along, so you can use it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode