Imperial guard Mont'ka 1850 points - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-15, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
That is three Formations, not a Combined Arms Detachment. It is still perfectly Battle Forged though.
Two formations I'm afraid. The sentinal squadron appears to be a pair of sentinals, which is not enough for the recon formation.

Without those two the list is battleforged, but as it currently stands they make the list unbound. Not that being unbound is absolutely terrible mind you.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-15, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

@ntaw , @darkreever I want to thank you both very much for your scrutiny. considering I seem to read things wrong or read things that aren't there. thanks for the Input. I will see about getting some more changes made in that specific list and post it late today
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-15, 07:41 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Two formations I'm afraid. The sentinal squadron appears to be a pair of sentinals, which is not enough for the recon formation.
Ah! Good call man. It seemed like a kinda small Formation but I was posting from my phone and unable to properly research it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
thanks for the input
No worries

Look forward to seeing the new list.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-15, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Thordis

"Emperor's fist" armoured company
Techpriest Enginseer.
1st squadron:
Tank commander, Leman russ vanquisher, Lascannon, camo netting.
Leman Russ vanquisher, Lascannon, camo netting.
2nd squadron:
Leman Russ battle tank, Heavy bolter, camo netting.
3rd squadron
Leman Russ Domolisher, Heay bolter, multi melta's, camo netting.
4th squadron
Leman Russ executioner, Plasma cannons, camo netting.
-
"Emperor's blade" assault company
Regimental command carapace armour, 2x plasma guns.
veterans 2x melta guns, carapace armour.
veterans 2x plasma guns, carapace armour.
4 chimera's.
Bane wolf.
Devil Dog.
1850 points

main reason I am keeping the multi melta's in btw is because they have saved me a lot of trouble in almost each game I used that particular demolisher.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Thordis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
"Emperor's fist" armoured company
Techpriest Enginseer.
1st squadron:
Tank commander, Leman russ vanquisher, Lascannon, camo netting.
Leman Russ vanquisher, Lascannon, camo netting.
2nd squadron:
Leman Russ battle tank, Heavy bolter, camo netting.
3rd squadron
Leman Russ Domolisher, Heay bolter, multi melta's, camo netting.
4th squadron
Leman Russ executioner, Plasma cannons, camo netting.
-
"Emperor's blade" assault company
Regimental command carapace armour, 2x plasma guns.
veterans 2x melta guns, carapace armour.
4 chimera's.
Bane wolf.
Devil Dog.
1850 points

main reason I am keeping the multi melta's in btw is because they have saved me a lot of trouble in almost each game I used that particular demolisher.
tested this list yesterday and today
Saturday, VS necrons, not entirely sure what formations he used but I got my butt kicked and no amount of firepower was ever going to prevent it. save this save that, rerol saves. *trows hands up in frustration.

anyhow
Sunday I played this list against Dark Angels, he had one Death wing formation with belial and a land raider, and he had a raven wing formation with a death shroud an attack bike squad, and a bike squad with the master of the ravenwing on Jetbike and a chaplain on bike.
i Kicked his ass.

I think that most of the succes you can have with this list is about Objectives and how you deploy.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 07:12 PM

Glad to hear of your partial success! Necrons generally eat mechanized lists, it's their thing. Curious as to how Deep Striking the Land Raider went since all Deathwing Formation and Detachment units have to start the game in Deep Strike Reserve. I remember when my BA could take a million LRs and DS them all and it was a joke considering the size and typical amounts of units/terrain on the table.

Your comment about deployment is spot on though. You can take anything anywhere, but if you deploy like a fool you're bound to get boned regardless of the dice.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Thordis

Quote:
Glad to hear of your partial success! Necrons generally eat mechanized lists, it's their thing. Curious as to how Deep Striking the Land Raider went since all Deathwing Formation and Detachment units have to start the game in Deep Strike Reserve. I remember when my BA could take a million LRs and DS them all and it was a joke considering the size and typical amounts of units/terrain on the table.
the land raider deep striked with my vanquishers on one side and my executioner on the other side. Belial and the sargeant of his assault terminators got off one round of shooting before my executioner shot them to dust.
the land raider was rammed to death by my vanquishers shortly after. in the same turn teh master of the ravenwing died from a crossfire from a hydra, a battle tank and a chimera with plasma veterans.

Quote:
Your comment about deployment is spot on though. You can take anything anywhere, but if you deploy like a fool you're bound to get boned regardless of the dice.
this is exactly it
all in all he could have tabled me if he had not deployed his land raider right in my formation. and if he had focussed more on the objectives.

Last edited by Haskanael; 12-20-15 at 10:18 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 10:25 PM

Guard is soooo different than my Blood Angel army. With the boys in red I almost entirely ignore Objectives unless there's an enemy unit on it I can kill. Sometimes if my transports are still around at the end of the game I'll zip 'em out to grab one but mostly I spend my time getting into combat and punching things until they stop moving. Ten man squads are a necessary element of that attack style When I switch over and play Guard I either don't move anything because the enemy has come to me or I over extend my Vets and end up with a crushed flank. Playing a mechanized force in this edition can be...tricky to get down.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode