1850 with new Mont'ka formations - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Eric View Post
"Platoon" Minimum- 1 Platoon Command Squad and 2 IS (only available as Auxiliary Choice)

"Emperors Shield Platoon" Minimum - 1 Platoon Command Squad, 5 IS, 1 Sentinel (only available as auxiliary chice) {restrictions are must have 5 IS per platoon and no dedicated transport}

you are mixing up "Platoon" and "ES Platoon" I think.

Hopes this makes sense.
Well, yes. People in the thread have pointed that line of the ESP to me. If you mean the latest list I posted, well, that one uses a standard CAD so takes typical platoons.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 02:22 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

CAD for life with Guard. My collection isn't big enough for the Mont'ka stuff, maybe I'll be able to touch on the super formation crap when a new Codex is released (signs pointing to early-mid 2016 at least).

The only thing I don't like about your list @Mossy Toes is that you have a CCS as a suicide melta squad. I totally get why you're doing it but it just seems a total waste of their Orders.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-15, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
The only thing I don't like about your list @Mossy Toes is that you have a CCS as a suicide melta squad. I totally get why you're doing it but it just seems a total waste of their Orders.
Yeah. Unfortunately, Vets don't fit in a Vendetta and I don't trust a SWS or PCS with meltas.

...I suppose I could flip the "Vendetta with flamer-squad in" trick for "Valkyrie with meltavets in," just swapping who is anti-Infantry and who is anti-tank. I could afford to take 1 Valk with 2 Vends in the Aerial COmpany, or something.

Well, plus I need to take 2 HQs (one a CCS) for the CAD and the artillery company, and you really aren't paying much base for a CSS, so I figured I might as well load up some BS4 meltas rather than take a Lord Commissar or something. The orders are basically just icing on the cake, and certainly not my Warlord.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-15, 01:40 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Yeah, I don't have any smart ideas either on that.

Honestly though I think I'm gunna break apart my Vendetta and magnetize the Valkyrie options back on it. It makes it a lot less effective against other Fliers but I never face someone that really spams them, and I often wish I had something other than three lascannon shots after I pop the one or two highly armoured targets my opponent has. Now that I'm thinking on it, I feel like it might be worth it for me to try out meltaVets in a Valkyrie given my meta.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode