Imperial Guard - 1250 Points (Help) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Ursa Majoris's Flag is: Germany

Imperial Guard - 1250 Points (Help)

So I have a game coming up for a tournament and I wanted some advice.

I will be going up against Orks, and from what I understand he runs Green Tide.

HQ

Tank Commander - PASK

Command Punisher - Sponson Heavy Bolters

Executioner

Executioner

TROOP

Veteran Squad - Grenadiers
  • Voxcaster
  • 2x Flamers
  • Chimera
Veteran Squad - Grenadiers
  • Voxcaster
  • 2x Flamers
  • Chimera

FAST ATTACK

Hellhound - Camo Netting, Dozer Blade, and Fire Barrels.

Vulture Gunship (FW) - Twin-Linked Punisher Cannons, Infared Targeting

HEAVY SUPPORT

Wyvern - Camo Netting

Thanks for the Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-15, 09:45 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

G'day mate,

That's an ok looking list there, but a green tide will likely overwhelm and destroy everything around turn 3... once they've made it up and over the board. Of course, the 40 shots a turn from pask and the vulture will help to reduce the chances of that.

To counter that, you'll need to deploy in a way to shape and split up his horde so that you can mince it up by bits. I'm guessing that he will have Kustom Force Fields and possibly a Morkanaught to back up his boyz, so be prepared to have to deal with that or a surprise battle wagon - Pask's rending is one option... and perhaps your only one with your list as it is.

In relation to your list:
1. Seeing as you are unlikely to have infantry orders happening, why not drop the vox casters off your vet squads for a free 10 points?
2. Why do you want two Executioners? Sure, six small blasts are nice, but you are running a fair risk of gets hot with a quarter of your army invested in those two tanks...
3. If you are taking them, split one from the HQ squadron and stick it in heavy support to target separately from the HQ.
4. I've yet to see vets stand up against orks in a fight, and if you are using those flamers than you can bet that there is a fight coming. Consider dropping them and using the points there and from your vox casters to take a missile launcher in each squad instead, for some frag/krack flexibility.
5. Wyvern is awesome sauce, I'd strongly consider leaving one veteran squad naked, dropping grenadiers for forward scouts instead and using them as a flank objective grab and holder, then turning both executioners into Eradicators for s6 large blast denies cover, and then taking a second wyvern... if you have the models...

I guess my tweaked list would look like:
HQ - Pask in Punisher with heavy bolter sponsons
Squadron buddy - LR Eradicator

Troops - Grenadier vets with Missile Launcher in Chimera
Troops - Forward Scout vets in Chimera

Fast attack - Hellhound with camo, dozer blade, fire barrels (I've never used fire barrels, always spent the points on sponsons or something, but hellhounds rock. Stay at max range and keep flaming him with your torrent template.)
Fast attack - Vulture with twin Punishers (I have two of these and love them dearly. Don't forget strafing run makes them BS4 against ground targets)

Heavy Support - Wyvern, camo
Heavy Support - Eradicator
Heavy Support - Wyvern

Well, that's my 2c. Let us know how you go with the game!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966

Last edited by Iraqiel; 06-25-15 at 09:50 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode