Rounding out my armor column - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

davespil's Flag is: USA

Default Rounding out my armor column

OK, trying to figure out what tanks I'm gonna add to my army. I run Pask in a punisher w/ HB sponsons and 2 exterminators w/ plasma sponsons. The unit works great. I also run 3 wyverns (separately) and 2 vet squads in chimeras. I was thinking of adding a Tank Commander but I'm not sure what tank to run him in. I thought about a vanquisher but I have had zero luck with them, even with Pask. Then I thought a demolisher but they never seem to work out for me either. What do you guys recommend? I'd like something effective at anti-tank as I don't want to use my Vendetta anymore. My true weakness is heavy armor and wave serpents. I want to add tanks to my 1500 list. Here is what it looks like so far:

Pask in Punisher w/ HB sponsons
2 Executioners w/ plasma sponsons

Tank Commander in Vanquisher w/ Multimelta sponsons and hull Lascanon
LRMBT
LRMBT

Vet squad w/ 3 melta in Taurox
Vet squad

Wyvern
Wyvern
Wyvern

1490 points

What do you think? The Tank commander squad is what I don't like about this list. Thank you.

Have guns, will travel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 07:25 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Hi.
I assume the second squad is in taurox with meltas too.
I agree, the tank kommander squad is not good, imo.

You could drop a wyvern to add a duo of nasty demolisher tanks, to follow up your vets. They might be a gamble but works better in pair than alone.
with spare points you cold fit in some hellhound variant?

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 07:31 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Whatever your bad experiences with demolishers were, they were out of the ordinary I assure you. Demolisher tanks are the bees knees!

However, against Eldar the reliable LRBT does a good job, or consider an Eradicator to deny cover/jink saves? S6 is not that reliable against armour I know, but it should handle jetbikes well and a primaris psyker alongside it could buff your offense nicely.

Failing all that... HellHammer.

Always trust the Hellhammer.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Can't drop a wyrven. They are my MVPs. I will drop a transport and have one of my vet squads sit on an objective before I drop one. Guess I'll give my demolishes another try.

Last edited by davespil; 06-23-15 at 03:47 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 06:37 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

You could try combining 2 Wyverns into one squad, which focuses on whichever enemy threat is largest, if you want to free up a HS option. I agree though, they are a whole lot of very flexible, very reliable pain-bringers for very cheap.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

No, never put them in a squadron. All it takes is on unit to destroy them. And they would also have to fire at the same unit. I keep them separate and far away from each other. I don't know how many times I've had to fire at 2 or 3 different units with them. Also, one deepstriking or out flanking unit can take them all out. And they are my MVP, constantly killing more than their worth in points and taking out units with ease.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 11:24 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davespil View Post
No, never put them in a squadron. All it takes is on unit to destroy them. And they would also have to fire at the same unit. I keep them separate and far away from each other. I don't know how many times I've had to fire at 2 or 3 different units with them. Also, one deepstriking or out flanking unit can take them all out. And they are my MVP, constantly killing more than their worth in points and taking out units with ease.
Agree on this. Separated and far away. It only takes three termicide to broke the toy, otherwise.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Here is what I have now:

Pask in punisher
◊2 Executioner

Tank Commander in Eradicate
X2 Demolisher

Infantry platoon w/ 2 squads

Vet squad

Wyrven
Wyrven
Wyrven
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-15, 10:00 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Well, that's an interesting list alright.

Why two Executioners? With demolishers in now, you have access to S10 AP1 large blast, so I would have thought that the 370 odd points could be reduced somewhat to allow more heavy weapons, a defence line or some other stuff. For example, the trusty old LRBT shouldn't be something that you turn your nose up at, I'd say.

Alternatively, you could drop them, put the knight commander away, shift the leman russ demolishers into pask's squadron and take an imperial knight for some really 40k style armour?

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-15, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Newp. Love my executioners. I'm happy with the list now and can't wait to see how the eradicator and demolishes work out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode