1850 gaurd and space wolves - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-15, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

KnockOut51's Flag is: Canada

Default 1850 gaurd and space wolves

Trying a different list out need input, still new to gaurd.

HQ:
Pask in eradicator tank, with standard battle tank - 340

Troops:
1 platoon = 1 Comand squad in chimera, 3 squads when plasma rifle each all In chimeras- 485
2 platoon= 1 command squad, 2 squads on food, all lasguns. 1 weapons squad with auto cannons- 205

Fast:
2 scout sentinels- one with auto cannon one with multi laser- 75pts

Allies

HQ:
Wolf lord on thunder cavalry mount with runic armour, storm shield and wolf claw. 210pts

Troops:
6 grey hunters in drop pod with pack leader, 1 melta and one combie melta -149 pts

Fast
5 thunder cavalry, 1 pack leader, who has storm shield and wolf claw, the rest have the same load out but one marine who has a thunder hammer.

So the idea is my tanks shoot at what every they can see and force my enemy to kill them, platoon that's in transports moves around getting objects or just really annoy the enemy, the platoon on foot is the hold what objects are on my side of the table.
The walkers are there to just annoy the oppenent with my scout moves and hopefully they soak up a bit of shooting meant for my tanks
The wolf lord goes with the thunder cavalry, they are all super hard to kill now with 3+ and 3++. Gave the Sargent I'm there a wolf claw so he can expect challenges and protect the wolf lord. The thunder hammer is Basically is a power fist but is concussive (play against nid player a lot) so he's to hopefully cause a wound and have that creature hitting at I1. So that's my list. I feel it could do well since there is a fair amount of armour on the table and lots of infantry.
Yes not much anti flyers but I can always change the list And make my weapons squad missle launchers, drop the scouts and take a ADL with a quad gun. Would love some input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-15, 05:52 AM

chaos vince's Flag is: USA

How are you planning on dealing with knight titans?

when you gotta shoot, shoot. Don't talk...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 05:30 PM

donkey555's Flag is: England

Instead of having a separate autocannon HWS I would put the autocannons in the PCS and the infantry squads, this adds survivability and means that the opponent has to deal with the platoon, 25 lasguns aren't scary.

I would also suggest putting some extra special weapons in the PCS's and the second platoon. Guard excel when you take quantity, you need to get some special weapons (grenade launchers complement autocannons and the PCS in the chimera would benefit from having 2-4 flamers).

Pask really is wasted on an eradicator, to maximise him I would use him in a punisher or executioner.

Sentinels aren't that competitive, you could drop them for extra upgrades on the platoons. If you do run them though put them as two separate fast attack choices as they have different weapons and it will slightly improve survivability.

Space wolves look fine.

"Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals."-Colman MaCarthy

Last edited by donkey555; 06-21-15 at 05:34 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 03:48 PM

Your tank commander HQ is also lacking another tank. Personally, 2 eradicator tanks with plasma cannon sponsons are great. Throw a las cannon on the front in place of HB. Now you have 2 5" blasts that ignore cover so the elder jink/cover save for days is negated. You also have the 4 plasma shots that going to add in nicely, and Im not 100% positive, but I think the main gun can target differently than the sponsons. so 2 large blasts at one target, and 4 small blasts at another. Not too shabby. Your list also lacks anti-air. I would drop the sentinels for some points. Take flakk missile teams in each infantry squad (they are 3 diff ammo on the them, anti-infantry, anti-armor, and anti-air).

Anyways..just my 2 cents worth..IM actually posting a list today for feedback for a tourney. Check it out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode