2 IS w/2 AC

Fast

2 Vendettas (seperate)

Heavy

Wyvern

Demolisher w/Lascannon

Aegis line

Break down of the list:

The CCS will sit at the back of the Aegis giving out orders and offering up some support fire. The Tank commander & co will sit back too and try to fit in behind Aegis if possible and use the split fire order for that extra flexibility. Would love to have sponson plasmas but needed to go with HB to make the list viable.

The flamer PCS will ride in a Vendetta. The IS's will be split into 2 blobs of 20 so a bit more survivability against flamers. I might split them down further since the Psyker will go in IS for chaff, who will be giving twin linked goodness to the Executioner and the platoons.

The Commissar with the power fist will go with the conscripts. The power fist gives the unit some power if they need to distract something like a Riptide or Eldar equivilant. Also cos 30 guys with FRFSRF and prescience, holding/storming objectives depending on what needs to be done.

As for the two units in Chimeras: The PCS will act as backup command for orders and a pillbox. I know only 2 models can shoot from hatch but with meltas the whole point is to drive straight up to the enemy to that 2D6 range and only BS 3 hence 4 meltas instead of just 2. The IS in the 2nd Chimera. 3 main things I wanna achieve with this: 1) In conjuction or even by itself can be stuck somewhere in front to help absorb charges and general cover. 2) 2 units can shoot from it so AC and GL can still shoot out and 3) Can help take objectives with the PCS's.

Need I say anything for the pair of Vendetta's? Twin linked lascannon fun and transporting.

The Wyvern again some excellent anti-infantry artillery and the Demolisher with Lascannon for 10pts yes please. Given the range of the Demolisher it'll push forward and perhaps make way for the Chimeras.

Some of this esp the IS in the Chimera and conscripts w/commissar and PF, this was inspired through watching some battle reports and seemed to work real well for those players. Figured I make the best of both worlds and make a kinda hybrid thing going.

So ye critisice away.

Thanks

Last edited by ryuzaki13; 03-05-15 at 01:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-15, 02:54 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Is this list Unbound then with the multiple HQ units?

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-15, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

A Psyker is a HQ unit bit it doesnt take up a force organisation slot like a Commissar

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-15, 04:47 PM

I know the psyker is a freebie slot but you still have 4 slots used with a CCS, Tank Commander and 2 Commisars.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-15, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Yep Psyker and Commissar are both exactly like that. They don't take up HQ slots and hence how I can seemingly have 5 HQ's. Only the tank commander and CCS take up slots.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-15, 06:46 PM

And I fail at reading, I got to the Lord Commissar slot and didn't read further :-p

I honestly don't see many tweaks to the list that could improve it.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-15, 09:11 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Only thing that really stands out to me is the fact that you're only filling 1 Vendetta--I'd rather drop the Chimera that only has a IS in it in favor of a SWS with 3 flamers, 2 flamers and a det charge, or something. If you drop the IS that was in that Chimera too, you can almost afford a 2nd Wyvern!

I prefer putting a lot of melta on a Veteran squad, to be honest. The added BS is great, even if you're firing one less shot--you also have a lot more bodies to soak up wounds before pulling meltagunners. If you have the points, you can even buy Demolitions--since you're rushing up close to get into Melta range, you might as well have enough meltabombs to scrap a Knight!

Taking Vets would mean shifting those IS squads over into the first platoon, if you still have points for both of them, but you still have your 2 Troops choices (one of which is 3-7 units, depending on objectives, kill points, intended orders, and other deployment choices), so you're doing pretty good, in my book.

The Demolisher will always be snap firing with its lascannon, if it fires its main gun, thanks to the crappy wording of the Ordnance/vehicle rules, so I'd drop that upgrade you're paying points for--rather snap fire 3 HB shots, or something.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 03-05-15 at 09:14 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-15, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Hehe funny you should say that Mossy Toes. Cos apart from the Vendettas, which I am a firm believer that it's 2 Vendettas or no Vendettas. I know someone on this forum shares this view. Anyways here's an alternate similar list to what you're proposing:

1850 List
So I've come up with a 1850 list and wanted some input:

HQ

CCS w/Lascannon

Tank commander w/Vanquisher+Lascannon + Executioner w/sponson HB

2 commissars w/1 power fist

psyker

Troops

PCS w/4 meltaguns

2 IS w/2 AC + GL

spec weps w/3 flamers

PCS w/2 plasma guns in Chimer w/HF + Dozer

IS w/AC + GL in Chimer w/HF + dozer

IS w/AC

30 Conscripts

Fast

2 Vendettas (seperate)

Heavy

Wyvern

Demolisher w/dozer

Aegis line

Also yes dammit you are right as well had to drop the Lascannon on the Demo
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-15, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Also just wandering why no one ever recommends Taurox transports? Armour isn't as good but it does have basically the same access and more firing points. Plus twin linked autocannons.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-15, 11:37 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ 15 points for AV12 alone is worth it in my games.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode