Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

I need some advice on Witch Hunters. Any help is appreciated

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pathwinder14 
#1 ·
Alright i know im a total noob to witch hunters. I have played a small army of them before though. I think it was 800 points of them. And i didnt get to learn much about them either from that game. I have glanced through the codex checking out stats of everything and their background. But still i wanna start out little too. I want to form a small witch hunters army and I would like advice from those who have a bunch of experience with them. I would myself but i have been sick for this past week. I have had bronckitis. I havent been able to do my research on them. I have checked out their site but still. I want a nice little compact army to start. And i thought i could get some help here. So i look forward to getting the assistance i need. Thank you.

-Cryptkeeper

#2 ·
I have played WH a few times and I always found that their strength was in their squads of Sisters. Take veteran sister superiors and a cannoness to get the faith points as high as possible. And be sure to grab an Exorcist for heavy support.

#3 ·
Really first you need to decide on a style of play, then we can help you build on that, when I was going to start witch hunters, a mate explained to me that it breaks down into three main play styles, which one you pick will rapidly change your tactics, theme and playing.

Any idea's?

Pure Sisters of Battle (All adeptis sororitis units)
Impure Sisters of Battle (All adeptis sororitis units with inducted imperial guard)
Inquisitorial Witch Hunters (Inquisitorial units, storm troopers, inducted space marines or imperial guard)

Then we can help you build on that.

#4 ·
Two full squads of sisters in rhinos with two melta guns, sister superior, and an imagifier.

Three exorcists.

One Canoness with jump pack, melta bombs, inferno pistol, and a blessed weapon.

Two Dominion squads with 4 meltaguns in Immolators.

One unit of seraphim with two inferno pistols.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.