Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

what do u buy when u have too much money and play 40k?

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Wrath of Khaine 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Lord Sinkoran said:
jigplums said:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0101COMPANY&orignav=10
not for me only 2 dreadnoughts heresy I tell you complete heresy!!!!!!!

If I had a lot of spare money I would get something from forge world
Like an Atlas Recovery vehicle? : P

#6 ·
You buy this:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/40kmanta2.htm

£895.00. Or for those of us who are in North America 1,767.43 USD or 2,069.48 CAD.

THAT is what you buy with too much money and when you play 40K :)

#13 ·
I'd buy the Space Marines. Admittedly, you can build a Space Marine company for MUCH less than that if you're creative about it. I've got a full company of Space Marines, all of which I bought new, and I think I paid about four hundred dollars for it. The company I'm currently working on (yes, this is the second Space Marine company I'm doing...) is totalling about 450.00 US. Expensive, yes, but you know... it's fun to have a company of Space Marines. I've got the resources to build an entire Chapter, so I'm kicking around actually doing it. Keep in mind that I paint everything I have, and I do have well over 500 Space Marines from various Chapters (and Legions, counting my Chaos Space Marines) fully painted to a relatively high level.

#16 ·
Besides the Manta and Company deal, the money-spenders deal was about 4-5 years ago by Games Workshop.

They posted a BUY A CHAPTER deal. I'm not shitting you at all.
A whole chapter of marines, as depicted on the inside cover of the old marine codex, was for sale right when GW started putting out the major space marine plastics. It even came with 2 thunderhawk gunships, and I don't mean the current ones. I mean the ones with 150+ peices that had to be warped into correct shapes and fitted with your own plasticard in spots, and cost a whopping 625 bucks a pop.

The deal was thousands of dollars, and everyone at my FLGS used to die laughing just looking at it and wondering was rich kid was getting one, or which GW employee was sacrificing his future with his discount on one.

The WHOLE chapter from the codex picture. Just look at it..

Khaine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.