Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

*Sigh*

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  The Drop Zone 
#1 ·
I just got a Space Marine megaforce from thewarstore @ $140.00 USD.

I know, i know. 20% off retail is great.

But...On ebay this guy had an auction and it was set for $75.00 USD! Yes, the new 2006 SM Megaforce! Holy Shit!

I waited for the auction time to go by...and then when i checked to make my bid to my despair the last big had gone up to $137.00 USD.

:cry:

Not worth shippping + $137.00 USD, so i got it for $143.95 USD @ TheWarStore.

Damn that ruined my ...my month. Stupid high bidders. :evil:

#4 ·
Yep Ebay does that to you or at least to me all the time. But just be glad you found a better deal than ebay if it is only 20% it's better than full price.

#6 ·
uberschveinen said:
Wait, let me get this straight. You're annoyed because somebody sold an item you wanted at a drastically low price to somebody else at a reasonable price?
I'm pissed that it started off at $75.00 bucks but then skyrocketed to $140.00.

I realize that, obviously, the reasonable bid would win as its more for the seller, but the fact that was originally that low (and i would have bid on it [for $76.00] but suddenly 9 other people had bid at hugely increasing price intervals)

#9 ·
I've have quite a few nice low bids until the last few seconds of an auction. I had super low bid on a guitar a few months ago and within the last 5 seconds it quadrupled from my bid. Sad.

They always get you in the end! And Uber, I think your happiest-sounding post was one directed at yourself. You are the poster child for Sour Candy, preferably the gummy worm variety, as they are tolerable and worth dealing with over and over again. =P

If you can reply in a positive way once, I will send you 5 E-bucks. Knowing they don't exist shouldn't stop the attempt! ;-)

Khaine

#10 ·
And Uber, I think your happiest-sounding post was one directed at yourself. You are the poster child for Sour Candy, preferably the gummy worm variety, as they are tolerable and worth dealing with over and over again. =P
Yup, just ignore him, with any luck he'll go away.

I waited for the auction time to go by...and then when i checked to make my bid to my despair the last big had gone up to $137.00 USD.
Gutted mate :(
Still at least you've got a good marine force....what chapter?

#11 ·
Oh I have wished many times that my low bid was the only bid and once in a blue moon it happens but usally they get to around 80% retail or more. I have even seen them bid more than if they had bought it new from GW for a non assembled new in blister killa kan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.