Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Dark angels army pre-release

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  The Drop Zone 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'd have to compare it to the megaforce, but it doesn't seem like you're getting a lot of minis for that price.

Unrelated note: I love the fact that GW's prepackaged armies always seem to use the least optimal configuration available

I don't know about you, but I field 5 man dev squads all the time, right next to my 5 fragile bolter scouts ;-)

#4 ·
Stella Cadente said:
That special Edition model I would DESTROY it has to be the most boring models I have ever seen, YUCK it makes me sick.
At least it's not the commander with the retarded 'feathered bunny ear' helmet. But yeah, the DA commander models all look pretty crappy.

#5 ·
Galahad said:
Stella Cadente said:
That special Edition model I would DESTROY it has to be the most boring models I have ever seen, YUCK it makes me sick.
At least it's not the commander with the retarded 'feathered bunny ear' helmet. But yeah, the DA commander models all look pretty crappy.
C'mon, I love that commander! He is very very second edition, and thats not a bad thing :)

I think the box overall isn't bad. You're going to expand on it if you want it tournament legal, so you can fill in the blank spots yourself. My best Eldar army so far is just an expansion off the box set, it can be workable.

#7 ·
Galahad said:
Stella Cadente said:
What I plan on doing is getting the running legs with robe open, and the chest with eagle showing, and do you see the Helmet on the Devvie SGT using that, and then get the sword off the Company Champion from a command set and the Old pointing hand from the old devvie SGT, with a plasma pistol and making my own lol, it should look ok once its done I reckon.

better than Bugs Bunny and lamo Plasma combi guy lol.

#10 ·
Just as an fyi someone posted the cost on this box at $250.00 US thats incorrect the cost on these according to the gw US site is $210.00

I am taking pre orders for the dark angel army box due to be released next month here are the stats on it

Release Date: 2/15/2007

62 boxed sets are remaining. This army set contains the new Codex: Dark Angels book, an exclusive Company Master, one (1) Librarian, five (5) Devastators, five (5) Assault Terminators, five (5) Scouts, fifteen (15) Dark Angels Space Marines, one (1) Predator destructor and a bonus Ravenwing vehicle frame. All models are supplied unpainted and require assembly.

I have been allocated 10 of these

Boxed Set - $210.00 retail.... my price $168.00 Shipped US thats 20% off

50% due at time of order ($84.00)... balance due prior to shipping

in case your wondering i have but 4 left out of my initial allocation
Thanks
Robert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.