Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Your opportunity to bitch and moan about your armies codex

4K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Galahad 
#1 ·
What bugs you guys about your army lists?

Here's my first gripe

Eldar: The Falcon does not have BS 4?

Farseer: "I know lets put Jones the new recruit guardian in our heavy tank."

Warlock: "Hmm, has he ever fired a gun before?"

Farseer: "I don't think so but we haven't got any cv's from aspect warriors so he'll have to do."

Warlock: "Good'o, alls well and back to our brandy ey chaps"

#27 ·
Warboss Dakka said:
I understand why Ork Boyz are str 3. I understand why Ork Boyz have a 6+ armor save. I even understand why they are 9 points per model. For the life of me I cannot fathom why o' why Orks have an initiative of 2...
They have initiative 2 cause they're dumber than a box of rocks, that's why. "Ehh...the shooty gubbin goes dis way, and the stabby gubbin goes dat way!" :wink:

One more rant about IG. We have no effective means of fielding snipers w/o taking a doctrine point for a squad of ratlings. Yeah, Light Infantry sure, but what if we want a heavy weapon as well as a sniper rifle. Sigh...

#28 ·
cccp_one said:
yeah i agree with cadian81st about the heavies.

also i dont like the way that the doctrines are unspecific about support squads - eg for carapace armour do you pay 20 points for the entire command platoon, for each support squad or can they even have it at all??
Well actually it clearly says it must be given to every available model or Infantry squad, which is clearly listed in the guard infantry section.

#29 ·
As loathe as I am to go all codex whiny, given the whole hatred-of-unsubstantiated-whining-gibberish thing, there is one thing that always bothered me about the Templars in their new codex. The image of a massive army of knightly figures charging forward is well substantiated everywhere but in the mounted section. Templar bikes are just not any good. You can give them a use if you really want to, but you can just as easily cut them out. The numbers and points of terminators (once upgrades are on), combined with a flaccid charge, ensures that they just aren't any good at what the whole Templar fluff screams they should be good at. Would it have really been that hard just to give them the incredibly fluffy and stylish furious charge option?

#33 ·
Marines may not be Uber in one general area like some armies, but they;re downright great at a LOT of things.

Nids and Orcs are both great assault armies, but poor shooting armies. Tau and Guard are bot great shooting armies, but poor in assault. Eldar are good at both, with more focus on assault these days.

But man for man, Space Marines are in the top ranks for both shooting and assault (thogh chapter rules or traits could put you more in one camp than the other)

They can assault as good or better than anyone short of Nids, khorneites and certain eldar aspect warriors (though if you take sheer numbers into it, orcs and gaunts can be a real threat), and they can shoot as good or better than anyone short of Tau (though again, factoring in numbers, the Guard are up there)

you can do both at once, or you can specialize and be even better in one area while not becomming too weak in others.

Blood Angels, for example, are one of the best marine chapters for assault (I'd put Space wolves above us), but we;re not really any worse at shooting tnay a codex xhapter. Just a rare chance that a unit might move when you dont; want it to. Doesn;t stop us from fielding las/plas squads and the like though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.