Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Anyone know where I can get shrike wings?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ntaw 
#1 ·
With shrikes actually somewhat viable in this edition, I wanted to convert some up. I used to have a stash of shrike wings from forgeworld somewhere, but I have no idea where they are now.

Those wings are now out of print, and the only other viable options was the pegasus wings, also no longer available.

Does anyone know of any alternatives? I'm not fixated on them being gw models, but they do need to look suitable for tyranid warrior models. I'm drawing blanks here, so I turn to the collective wisdom of the wider modelling and gaming community. My leader bugs must fly!

#5 ·
I checked these guys, they have nothing.

Vargheist wings?
These look promising, but if B&K doesn't restock them soon I'll have to justify being able to do something with the rest of those models to make this work. My other thought was the wings off the Plague Drones, but that has the same problem.

I was going to use the wings off the CSM possessed back packs, alternatively gargoyle wings may suffice with some green stuff and wire shenanigans.
Both of those are far too small for tyranid warriors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.