Codex: Necrons Out of Stock - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ntaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-16, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

djpiper28's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Codex: Necrons Out of Stock

I have no idea why the necrons codex is out of stock but I need one that's undamaged and ebay only has undamaged ones that aren't rip-offs. What to do?

When in doubt 'LOCK BAYONETS!'01000100 01100001 01101110 01101011 00100000 01101101 01100101 01101101 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01100001 01111001 00100001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-16, 06:16 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Hardback Codices are being replaced with softcover versions as they sell out. I heard the reason for the switch is that GW is unsatisfied with the quality of the hardcover ones.

Wait a week or two, or head out to a local game store/GW they'll likely still have some in stock. Softcover will be cheaper though, I've been waiting for this to happen for me to nab a dex.
Fallen likes this.

Last edited by ntaw; 12-15-16 at 06:18 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-16, 06:28 PM

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

you can find plenty on the internet honestly....or you could just get a PDF version unless your one of those people want the physical thing in your hand which is understandable.

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-16, 02:08 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Here we are, the softback Codex for $10 (CAD, anyway) less than the hard cover version.

@The Final Frontier I don't know many people who don't like having hard copies of their army's rules with them while gaming for reference, even if it's printed off versions of eBooks they have acquired. There's a couple people adept enough with their devices to access information quickly but I think generally it's considered poor taste to make someone wait on your phone or tablet's slow loading speeds. It's not like anyone in my group has an issue with digital editions or trying out new things, it's just a speed of game thing. The faster you play the more games everyone gets in that day.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Tags
necrons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode