Thoughts about Chaos - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 01:44 AM
experiment 626's Flag is: Canada

Heh, at least Sisters players can still buy their basic models!
Chaos Marines can't even do that now...

5 weeks and counting now since the CSM kit has been "Sold Out", while Possessed have been gone for nearly 3 months! (hilariously, they were "Sold Out/No Longer Available" about a whole month before the "new" Crimson Slaughter supplement released, and every single formation requires at least one unit of the buggers!)

And by extention, without the basic CSM kit, we also can longer build Noise Marines or Thousand Sons either! (though the latter is rumored to be getting a new plastic kit "sometime after summer"...)

And no, this is NOT a simple reboxing w/32mm bases!
GW already did that as a stealth 'release' shortly after they released the Khornekin codex.

It's far more likely that the ancient & almost certainly decrepit molds for the basic CSM kit are no longer usable... The quality of the models has been utterly horrible for about 3-4+ years now, with miscasts & distorted details being considered 'normal'.
Unfortunately, I doubt that if it is indeed the molds that are gonners, that GW will spend money to replace such a relic of a kit with new molds. Probably more likely that they'd be happy to simply leave the CSM line in tatters, and just continue running down existing stock until the supposed Chaos overhaul rumored to be coming in mid 2017...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 02:28 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 04:53 AM

mic1402's Flag is: Australia

@scscofield I'm afraid do not see the point in your post besides being generally obnoxious.

Back On topic, Stories need good villains, and unfortunately chaos has suffered good old villain decay. On both TT and in Fluff. It is a bit odd how three of the main "villain" factions are currently the weakest though (Chaos,Orks,nids)

I Personally was thinking of making a chaos marine/Traitor storm troopers army. I'm still trying to figure how it would work with the rules however. Also anyone one have any links to any Nicely made CSM armies?

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 05:03 AM

Simple really, his sky is falling CSM is getting squatted shit is old before he even posted it. CSM has some of the newer models in the whole line of 40k models. They are not getting squated, and more likely all those 'sold out' kits are being replaced with something new.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 05:15 AM

mic1402's Flag is: Australia

But he never said they where going to be squatted; he said they might be neglected for some time, which is different. That's happened to a number of factions before. Besides GW recently canned two entire lines, so i can't blame people for being apprehensive.
Though i would say that Chaos with formations and allies can at least make somewhat workable lists. Which is more than some factions can say.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 05:22 AM

In this thread, nope, he started another whole thread for that.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 10:28 AM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
They are not getting squated, and more likely all those 'sold out' kits are being replaced with something new.

I agree with you in that they are most likely getting something new.

But his comment on Chaos being squatted was very clearly a joke. Now, either you didn't get that the obvious joke was obvious, or you're deliberately taking it seriously as an excuse to be obnoxious towards him.
I suspect the latter since you're clearly intelligent enough to be able to understand a joke (especially when the OP actually writes below his post that it was sarcasm)

This is usually a pretty friendly forum. I agree, the whining about Chaos is a tad old now and it can get frustrating to read the same arguments over and over again, but such arguments can either be ignored or intelligently disproven (as you have done with your factual remarks about newer models)

Perhaps a new thread should be made and moved to Off Topic. We could name it, 'Pointless Chaos VENTING'.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 10:52 AM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic1402 View Post
Though i would say that Chaos with formations and allies can at least make somewhat workable lists. Which is more than some factions can say.
Which factions?

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 05:48 PM
experiment 626's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Simple really, his sky is falling CSM is getting squatted shit is old before he even posted it. CSM has some of the newer models in the whole line of 40k models. They are not getting squated, and more likely all those 'sold out' kits are being replaced with something new.
Chaos Marines are without doubt the oldest model line after Sisters of Bitter.

Most of our stuff is from the early 2000's.
Our late 4th ed release stuff was from 2007, and of those kits, one was just the Loyalist kit with a couple spiky sprues thrown into it, Possessed are now 'Sold Out', the basic CSM squad was just the same original kit with a couple added heads and a new 'command sprue' that still missed out half the squad's basic options, and the Terminator kit may as well not even exist it's so bad!

But yes, please tell us how Chaos players have been so spoiled rotten, and are just rolling in new kits that get re-done every other edition, while getting heaps of brand new options (which are stolen from Imperials obviously!)
Oh wait, that's the golden child, over-entitled bratty Speeesh Muhreens who get that treatment.

Loyalists have had more new kits than Chaos Marine have btw...
Chaos since 2012 has gotten;
- Forge/Maulerfiend
- Hellchicken
- Raptors/Warptalons
- Hellbrute
- Mutifails

Loyalists on the other hand have had;
- Tactical Marines
- Centurions (which totally aren't Oblits x100!)
- Sternguard
- Vanguard
- Assault Marines
- Devastators
- Hunter/Stalker
- Stormtalon (which also just got re-released with a brand new variant, because... "reasons!")
- a couple million or so special release HQ models
- yet another needless Land Raider variant that's likely to become standard come their next unnecessary codex update... (while our lone version, which happens to be the overall worst variant, can't even function at a basic level)

Yep, gotta love all that obvious Chaos favouritism we've gotten! And talk about how game crushingly OP we are - man, those poor Loyalist saps stand absolutely no chance against our cheesy Helldrakes & Plaguemarines!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-16, 05:55 PM

Refer to the statement that you quoted for my response, hasn't changed yet.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode