Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

The Rumor Mill.

3K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  pathwinder14 
#1 ·
Post any of your 40k rumors here. Whether it be from a gaming shop, GW employees themselves, or GT heresay. I'm sure this thread will be replaced by either a sticky or a full-blown category, but for now give us your confidential stuff here! I'll try to keep a steady flow of rumors as well.

-Khaine-

#2 ·
unconfirmed...but dark eldar are going to be taken out from 40k due to no one using it

umm rattlings are going to be taken off the shelves SO BUY THEM WHILE U CAN and in a few years time they worth double their price

orks 2 be updated soon ....within the next 2 years
lots of ork new models

necron update aswell (very unconfirmed)

well hope u enjoyed :p

i sooooo wanna be a moderator "wink wink"

#3 ·
Dark Eldar are not being removed from the game. That rumour, originating from the 40Kforums site, I believe, was from a person much sillier than yourself, and was about as reliable as a political pledge in a modern democratic environment.

Ratlings are not going to be taken off the shelves, and I have no idea where you got this from.

Orks, much less than two years, are the very next codex to be updated. They will have many new plastic troops.

Necrons are going to be updated, as is every army. It's just not known specifically which those will be beyond Dark Angels and Orks.

Moderators, since one of their duties is to enforce the use of language in their forum, are expected to be able to use said language properly.

#4 ·
uberschveinen said:
Ratlings are not going to be taken off the shelves, and I have no idea where you got this from.

Orks, much less than two years, are the very next codex to be updated. They will have many new plastic troops.

Necrons are going to be updated, as is every army. It's just not known specifically which those will be beyond Dark Angels and Orks.

Moderators, since one of their duties is to enforce the use of language in their forum, are expected to be able to use said language properly.
i was told this by a dude at games workshop...and should i be punished for being illiterate? i dont think thats fair

#5 ·
Being a person inside a Games Workshop is even worse a qualification than working at Games Workshop, and their workers usually don't have the slightest clue of what they're going on about. Most of the good rumours come from contacts in the GW offices, which I don't think anyone here has.

Smiley, in regards to that moderator point, you aren't being punished for being illiterate if you aren't made a moderator. If you can't understand Keynesian economics, for example, you'd hardly be hired as a university economics lecturer. The principle here is the same.

#6 ·
The ramblings on warseer from the more reliable individuals (of the disgruntled GW employee sort, or from those who took some pictures or talked to people at a games day) say that the Dark Angels are due up in February, and GW is planning on another "Orktober" but we'll see. The summer campaign is for Fantasy, so the reason we probably won't see Orks before October-ish will be due to the focus on that.

Dark Eldar are absolutely not being removed from the game, nor are the ratlings being pulled. A lot of experienced players have Dark Eldar armies. GW doesn't stock them in the stores because they know they're such ugly models for the most part that they wouldn't sell next to the newest Eldar sculpts, for example. Those of us who've been at this long enough know, respect, and in most cases fear a Dark Eldar army, and GW wouldn't dream of offending its most devoted players again the way they did when they nixed squats and Chaos Dwarfs for Fantasy (admittedly, I don't see the big problem with dropping squats, but plenty of folks did.)

Chaos is supposedly going to be broken up into two seperate books-- the first for the Chaos Space Marine Legions, and the second for Lost and the Damned-esque units such as Traitor Guard, mutants, daemon spawn, and the like. The two books are supposed to be usable both individually and together, much as the Beasts of Chaos and Hordes of Chaos books are for Fantasy.

#7 ·
The Son of Horus said:
Those of us who've been at this long enough know, respect, and in most cases fear a Dark Eldar army, and GW wouldn't dream of offending its most devoted players again the way they did when they nixed squats and Chaos Dwarfs for Fantasy (admittedly, I don't see the big problem with dropping squats, but plenty of folks did.)
Actually for all intents and purposes the Chaos Dwarf 'Ravening Hordes' list is still as legal as anything else and they still are hinting that a new book will rear its rather less than tall hatted head in the future (since they're stearing away from the big hats for the evil dwarves, see Hellcannon)

#8 ·
uberschveinen said:
Uber, if it really is a problem, im sure the mods will fix it. They don't need you to point it out. You need to relax, man. This is the internet, remember? Not all can be expected to type their messages as theey were college essays. Its shorthand, slang, net-talk, l33tspeak! Let it be.

#10 ·
Anphicar said:
uberschveinen said:
Uber, if it really is a problem, im sure the mods will fix it. They don't need you to point it out. You need to relax, man. This is the internet, remember? Not all can be expected to type their messages as theey were college essays. Its shorthand, slang, net-talk, l33tspeak! Let it be.
And he wrote that in response the smiley saying he wants to be a Mod. Uber was just pointing out that most people arn't going to choose a person to be a Mod if they can't spell and use proper grammar at least 70% of the time.

My rumors? More like speculation, but here we go:

Orks in the fall. BA in the spring '08, followed by DE, then SW. BA will have to buy their DC, but hopefully its in a sort of detachment sort of way (something I stole from B&C. When it comes back up, I'll find it).

Thats what I think, anyways.

#12 ·
Dark Eldar wont be erased from the game. Yes the models are disgusting and i see why many GWs might not want to stock them. At worst, the army would be made mail order only. Believe it or not there are an awful lot of people who swear by dark eldar. Same with the Ratlings, they wont be doubling their value. theyre another unit that look shit and arent used by guard players as theyres better stuff.
Iv also heard about the marine chapters being re done, but nothing concrete. MOst armies are due for an update in the next 3 years or so, so well just have to wait.

#15 ·
Didn't see this topic. They are working on the new Dark Eldar models now so based on the fact that they work around two years in advance you can expect the new models and codex around December 2008.

Other than knowing they are designing the models I know nothing about rules as they haven't even started on the codex yet

#16 ·
they do this as most GW stores have limited shelf and blister rack space.

GW often removes lines from its stores but keeps them on mailorder. These thend to be slow moving ones that will make way for something else.

SO them taking more (there aint much DE blisters a store can order now btw) DE and the ratlings off is probably only to make more space in the 40k section for the DA release.

Like i said they do it all the time so don't get excited.

Orks will be within the next 18 mnths actually (sooner than you think).

Necrons will be end of 2009 at the very earliest so don't hold your breath there ppl.

We are due a totaly New Codex - never seen before one - before the necrons arrive.

Drop pods are going to be out before the summer.....

.... now you may get excited.

#18 ·
Skcuzzlebumm said:

Summer. Before. Okay that gets me excited.

You guys want to know what the leetest thing in 40k is?

Yellow Drop Pods falling from sky, with yellow dudes and a yellow Dreadnought appearing. That's what. 8)

The wrath of the Emperor has come to judge you Heretics. In His name you shall perish.

#21 ·
I'd kind of like to see new sculpts of the Khorne Berserkers...ones that are the same proportions as the rest of the current range. Doubt they'll do that though. *sigh*

Everything I've heard about Chaos terminators has been that it's going to be a plastic upgrade sprue for 15 bucks for the regular Space Marine Terminator box. It'd kind of be preferable to see that, really.

#22 ·
Brimstone of Warseer had this to say about upcoming codices. He is usually fairly accurate so it bear repeating:

March - Dark Angels
Late Summer/UKGD - Codex Apocalypse
Q4/Christmas - Codex Chaos Vol. 1 - Undivided

- Codex Orks
- Codex Dark Eldar
- Codex Space Marines Redux

TBC - Necrons
TBC - Blood Angels
TBC - Space Wolves
TBC - Ordo Xenos
TBC - Codex Chaos Vol. 2 - Khorne
TBC - Codex Chaos Vol. 3, 4 & 5 Nurgle / Tzeentch / Slaanesh

Again these are estimates only and should be taken with a healthy degree of scepticism

#23 ·
I really, really doubt that they're going to make five Chaos codexes. Everything I've heard has been that they're going to do two seperate volumes, the first for Chaos Space Marines, and the second for Lost and the Damned type units.

#24 ·
Here's a good post I found over at 40K Online:

Andromidius said:
I imagine the Space Marine redux would just be changing a few things that are unbalanced. Possibly Assault Cannons, Drop Pods, Fear of the Darkness and maybe some points adjustments (I imagine Predators will have a slight points increase, since GW have mentioned several times they are too cheap for what they are).

#25 ·
yeah i've seen that aswell though i'm doublting it massivly the reason is that about a year ago the powers of the studio (i was inside the studio asking btw) stated they are doing one SM codex a year - or near enough. Its an almost golden, cast in stone thing as marines = SHED LOADS OF CASH!
Now re-releasing an already exsiting dex only makes money by introducing new units to the game. Ok a new SM dex could introduce some new models and maybe unit. BUT thats what the other dex's are doing anyway. Plus they acutually generate more £ as the conversion kits are big sellers (the upgrade kits sold like hot cakes for the BT's). Also re doing a codex that is pretty new means that ppl are only going to add in a few new things, an older dex gets more ppl buying more models.
The studio is driven by the business (not ppl wanting changes as some wold love to believe), ok marines are the big seller so you would think a new dex would make more money. Actually thats wrong, the marines will sell regardless of how new or old the dex is. It could be 15 years old and they would still out sell all the other 40k races.
This is why it really feels like mistaken identity and this "SM redux" should read Blood Angles or Space Wolves.

#26 ·
FrozenOrb said:
Skcuzzlebumm said:

Summer. Before. Okay that gets me excited.

You guys want to know what the leetest thing in 40k is?

Yellow Drop Pods falling from sky, with yellow dudes and a yellow Dreadnought appearing. That's what. 8)

The wrath of the Emperor has come to judge you Heretics. In His name you shall perish.
"Commmisar. What in the Emperor's name is that?"
"Relax son, that's just the emperor taking a leak."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.