Black Library Reviewer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave T Hobbit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-17, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Black Library Reviewer

Hello everybody, how are we all doing?

For anyone who does not know, different coloured usernames have different meanings. Yellow, orange, and red are for staff, white and bold for members, green for members dedicated to seeking out news and rumours, and purple for members dedicated to reviewing Black Library novels/stories. As of this time, we have only one reviewer but its about time that changed.

As of tomorrow, 4/9/17, the Heresy staff are officially removing all current Black Library Reviewers and making the spot open to anyone interested in it. So if your interested, make it known here.

But, because there always is one, it isn't going to be that simple; its not just a matter of being interested. By all means, make it known that your interested, and then be prepared for the hard part.

As of tomorrow, anyone interested has six weeks to create three Black Library reviews that the Heresy staff will look over.

Now I know what some of you are wondering, why should I bother? Well if bringing traffic to the site and showing off your own skills aren't enough, theres also the fact that your username will change colour and access to the staff chatbox. For long time members, you may remember the chatbox feature, something that we were unable to retain for the entire forum. For those who do not know, the chatbox is a tool that allows the staff to speak with one another without needing to post/PM, meaning we can discuss things without having to act first.

So quick recap on what you'd get:
  • Direct impact on helping Heresy
  • Display/improve your reviewing skills
  • Purple username
  • Greater/faster access to the Heresy staff

Now what is it you would need to do? Simple:
  • Post here if your interested
  • Review three separate Black Library novels
  • Submit those reviews to me via PM
Keep in mind, everyone has six weeks to get these three reviews submitted. So theres no rush, plus the staff will be going over your reviews (hence six weeks.)

To those who are interested, all of the staff look forward to seeing what you can do.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-17, 06:52 PM

I think I'm a bit to new here to apply for this, but it seems pretty cool. Its only been half a day, but I'm surprised no one is jumping on this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-17, 11:51 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperad0 View Post
I think I'm a bit to new here to apply for this...
We're looking for great reviews, not great reviews by someone we've known for years. If you think it's a cool opportunity, then go for it.
Tawa likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode