Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Hello to you all

454 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ph0n1k 
#1 ·
I was given the heresy books to read (I'm on Flight of the Eisenstein) and it has more than wet my appetite for getting back into the ways of Warhammer 40k.

I used to play and collect way back in the early 90's and still have the original 40k rule book subtitled 'Rogue Trader' and lots of figures from both Warhammer and 40k, and loads of old original White Dwarfs.

I have some ideas for my own chapter of marines, but want to have an opposing army and I'm thinking Eldar...

Can I ask the venerable the forum members if they think that the army boxes are a good value purchase to start with? and what would be good additions to them bolster them as a starting point.

cheers all.

As soon as I drag them out of my dads loft ill get some snaps of figures I painted way back in the day.

#3 ·
IDK maybe chaos killed them all in the heresy.
but yea it depends on what box set you buy they all kind of give you shit. my oppinion play a couple games with friends and start buying peices that you think you would want to use. i proxied AoBR marines into chaos and started a nurgle army can go wrong with 3 vindicators, 2 daemon princes with lash, and a couple squads of plague marines. that list kicked ass for a 1500 point list. but yea man id buy a starter set and a transport. that will put you in the direction you need to be going to play. and 90 bucks isnt bad for the game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.