Hello from Sheffield - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fall in Heretics! The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-17, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Trump's Flag is: USA

Default Hello from Sheffield

My names Ed, I collect a variety of 40k races but predominantly space marines, also got a few necromunda miniatures as well as a space dwarf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-17, 03:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Welcome to Heresy, what other armies do you collect and how long have you been in the hobby?

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-17, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

I started collecting my first ultramarines when I was 11, I'm 28 now so that's 17 years. Other than what I've mentioned I've got a hand full of harlequin eldars, vaguely flirted with fantasy Warhammer over the years. Oddly enough I am a Lord of the Rings fan yet never purchased any of Game Workshop's miniatures for the LOTR series because in my early teens I felt morally obliged to think that Game Workshop's universe wasn't Tolkien's realm, Warhammer's got more of a pace and an ethos of energy whereas Tolkien is more of a wind in the willows type of thing Warhammer is more Willow, the film with Warwick Davis?

What aspects of the Warhammer universe do you find interesting?

LETS MAKE WARHAMMER GREAT AGAIN!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-17, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator

The fluff for the most part, especially when it comes to things like the Fallen Angels and the potential to interpret what happened (and who the true villain in that case) in a different light.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-17, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
The fluff for the most part, especially when it comes to things like the Fallen Angels and the potential to interpret what happened (and who the true villain in that case) in a different light.
that's a novel presumably? I enjoyed the graphic literature black library produced like Kal Jerrico in the necromunda universe or the story of a space marine working along side a female assassin:

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-17, 09:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
that's a novel presumably?
No, the Fallen are members of the Dark Angel legion who sided with Luther in the aftermath of the Horus Heresy. Luther allegedly fell to chaos and turned on the Lion, the legion fought on Caliban and their actions, along with intervention of the chaos gods, tore Caliban apart and scattered Luthers supporters across time and space.

The Dark Angels who had sided with the Lion vowed to hunt down their fallen brothers, taking the title of the unforgiven.

Now there are some, myself included, who like to believe that those events were warped. That the Lion actually turned traitor and Luther had remained loyal. The Lion's followers have been hunting down the loyal remnants of the legion, lieing to their own for millennia.

Quote:
I enjoyed the graphic literature black library produced like Kal Jerrico in the necromunda universe or the story of a space marine working along side a female assassin:
I like Kal, Blood Royal was one of the first novels I ever read.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-17, 09:07 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Welcome to heresy, love the username, enjoy the stay

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
No, the Fallen are members of the Dark Angel legion who sided with Luther in the aftermath of the Horus Heresy. Luther allegedly fell to chaos and turned on the Lion, the legion fought on Caliban and their actions, along with intervention of the chaos gods, tore Caliban apart and scattered Luthers supporters across time and space.

The Dark Angels who had sided with the Lion vowed to hunt down their fallen brothers, taking the title of the unforgiven.

Now there are some, myself included, who like to believe that those events were warped. That the Lion actually turned traitor and Luther had remained loyal. The Lion's followers have been hunting down the loyal remnants of the legion, lieing to their own for millennia.
Well according to this guy who worked in the shop space marines have two hearts and rib cages, are 9 feet tall and dark angels spit acid?

Quote:
I like Kal, Blood Royal was one of the first novels I ever read.
Yes I remember that, the front covers very striking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
Welcome to heresy, love the username, enjoy the stay
What do you collect?

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Well according to this guy who worked in the shop space marines have two hearts and rib cages, are 9 feet tall and dark angels spit acid?
I believe the Dark Angels still retain the Betchers Gland and can spit acid. Originally every space marine could do that, but over time the organ that allowed for that has become corrupted and no longer functions for some chapters.

Space marines do indeed have two hearts, in addition to a third lung and a reinforced skeletal structure (included a reinforced and mostly fused ribcage.) Some marines can become nine feet tall, but the average height of a marine is somewhere between seven and eight feet tall.

All in all, a neophyte/aspirant undergoes a total of eighteen implants, plus training, in order to become a space marine. Its a long process, and for more details on the implants check out creation of a space marine.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I believe the Dark Angels still retain the Betchers Gland and can spit acid. Originally every space marine could do that, but over time the organ that allowed for that has become corrupted and no longer functions for some chapters.

Space marines do indeed have two hearts, in addition to a third lung and a reinforced skeletal structure (included a reinforced and mostly fused ribcage.) Some marines can become nine feet tall, but the average height of a marine is somewhere between seven and eight feet tall.

All in all, a neophyte/aspirant undergoes a total of eighteen implants, plus training, in order to become a space marine. Its a long process, and for more details on the implants check out creation of a space marine.
The 'creation of a space marine' basically says they recruit murderous 10 year olds with psychotic tendencies from hive worlds, then they go through 19 phases of biological implants, then chemical conditioning, hypnotherapy, psychical training and then 'indoctrination'? Seems reasonable.

Is it true blood angels are vampires?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Fall in Heretics!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode