Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Iyanden Themed Army (1500points)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  IyandenMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum, so first of all I would just like to say hi to everyone. I recently got the new Eldar codex and was really intrigued by the Iyanden craftworld. I have never played Eldar before so have no idea what works and what doesn't but I have put together a rough army list of what I fell would work. This is using the Iyanden Supplement.
HQ: > Farseer: 130pts
/w Singing Spear, Stone of Anath'lan
> Spiritseer- 90pts
/w Phoenix Gem

Troops: > Guardian Squad: 220pts
/w x20 Guardians, x2 Scatter-Laser platforms
> Dire Avengers: 160pts
/w x9 Dire Avengers, x1 Exarch, Power weapon and Shimmershield
> Wraithguard: 160pts
/w x5 Wraithguard

Dedicated Transports: > Wave Serpents: 145pts
/w Twin-Linked scatter laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields
> Wave Serpents: 160pts
/w Twin-Linked scatter laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields, Vectored Engines
> Wave Serpent: 130pts
/w Twin-Linked Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack: > Crimson Hunter: 180pts
/w Exarch

Heavy Support: > Fire Prism: 125pts
Total: 1500pts

Tactics: Farseer goes with the guardians and spams Guide. Spiritseer goes with the wraithguard and gives them Voice of Twilight so they have battle focus. Guardians Stand and shoot, I took a Wave Serpent with them (The one without holo-fields) for the extra shots which I felt would be useful. Dire Avengers and Wraithguard go in the other two Wave Serpents. Wraithguard get the one with Vectored Engines. Crimson Hunter hunts fliers, Fire Prism shoots stuff...

Any improvements or critique is welcome as I am new to Eldar so there is bound to be something to improve upon.
Dan.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow reading your list really confused me (2000 points at end).

Looks like a pretty solid list. I'd maybe switch out the Shard on the farseer with holofields for the fire prism. Other than that, maybe Vectored engines out in favour of holofields on the last wave serpent. You could also remove the upgrades and exarch on dire avengers, and make up the same amount of points.

#4 ·
ew_Holmes: Sorry about that, I have fixed it now, it is 1500points...

Thanks. Okay, that would makes sense since Guide is only Warp Charge 1 anyway... Sounds good, if I removed the exarch (Replacing him with a normal Dire Avenger) I could then put vectored engines on both the Wave Serpents carrying the Dire Avengers and Wraithguard... Not sure what would be better though?

Xabre: Yeah... I didn't really think that one through... I would replace it with Holo-fields on the prism as suggested by Holmes.

Any more suggestions, feel free to say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.