Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1850 Tourney List

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LuLzForTheLuLzGoD 
#1 ·
Hey I have been playing eldar for a long time and I have come up with a list that I am gonna bring to a local tournament soon and I was wondering if I could get some feedback because I brought along tau cause my buddy has some and I wanted to try it out. Please feel free to comment on anything.

Eldar
HQ
Farseer Spirt Stones, Jetbike, Runes of warding, ES, Doom
Warlocks x4 Jetbikes, Embolden

Troops
2x 6x Eldar Jetbikes 2 Shuriken Cannons Warlock Jetbike Embolden

Elites
2x 5x Fire Dragons in 2x Falcons with eldar missile launchers

Fast Attack
4x Shining Spears

Tau
HQ
Shas'el Burst Cannon, Cylic Ion Blaster Multitracker, Iridium Armour

Troops
2x 12x Fire Warriors Blacksun Filter, Markerlight, Bonding Knife

Heavy Support
Hammerhead Railgun Burst Cannons Disruption Pod Flettechte Discharger

See less See more
#2 ·
Gonna want fortune on the council and enhance I would drop the spears for more coucil members spirit stones are useless as you have only 1 power.
At 1850 I would spend 500 max on allies.
That's 1350 to make a really good eldar list.
I would probably have 3 lots of 3 bikes 3 prisms maybe 1 falcon or night spinner and then the council with remaining points.
I would try and get fire warrioirs a devil fish and maybe have broadsides instead of the hammer head.
Oh I almost forget 2 fire dragonz squads in serpants.
Hope this helps.

#3 ·
hey acer

I play both tau and eldar so i think i may be able to help you out here :)

I'll start with tau

try out 2-3 Broadsides instead of the hammerhead. They offer great AT and can even take the odd flier (TL railguns can make the biggest flier crap itself)

Firewarriors - Drop all extra gear. 12 man team with a shas'ui is all you need. Saves you points, still getting great firepower.
You may want to invest in a Aegis for these guys. makes them a great static defence for your home obj.
I'd drop the IA on your Shas'el and instead of all those weapons stick with the following
TL missle pod
Fusion gun
Plasma rifle
flamer

keep to those and make some nce combos out of them. you dont wanna make this guy too expensive as he is just a slightly better xv8

As for what the seermaster suggested about the devilfish. I wouldn't you'll be wanting a nice little firebase. flinging out 24 str 5 shot into light tank and infantry alike

Eldar

You'll be needing fortune. Once that council gets fortune they are a pure menace to society and will bring you great joy to use :) they should be fine with the number you have. maybe 1 more but it's totally fine i think.

Drop those shining spears. they aren't shining anywhere. OH LOOK AT US WE'RE REALLY COOL...a single volley later and they're gone. Awesome unit, not so great in game.

You seem to lack options to really kill anything. The guardians are obviously for obj taking, but wont kill much. i assume you were relying on your council and spears to munch?

Perhaps push in 2 basic fire prisms. great little tanks. able to do great damage.

All in all you're quite light on troops. I would consider fixing this. maybe squeezing in another squad of jetbikes.

good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.