Emperor Children - Traitor Legion Tactica - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-17, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

That is the way to go at 1500 imo.
i'd honestly remove the lonely rhino due to it being the sole vehicle in the army...it will just become "free first blood".
those 40 pts could become 2 plasmaguns for the marines, to make them stroll as low priority targets and take potshots (that still should hurt at St7, ap 2). spare points should be enough for 3rd combiweapon on the termins to maximise their "impact" (in our dreams). From my latest games i have learned that a list like this will struggle against hordes: a raptor unit should try to counter that occurence with dual flamer, imo. at this point we should have 14 pts left to add a power weapon (maul?) on the raptor champion where the flamers are.
But those above are just minor tweaks , the list is fine. Let me know how the game goes! i will do a similar list for my next game, i'm curious

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-17, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

SO...i've played a couple games with such lists. What i have to say is:

FnP 6+ is cool, but big units just scream for the IoExcess. Even basic marines become a threat. a 10 man unit with kitted champion, dual special weapon, IoE and rhino is over 250 pts but will last until the end of the game. A duo of such units can blunt all but the most specialized and cheesy assault units.
The mobility is key, as always. We play in a hight terrain density table and bikers are just outshined by raptors. Raptors with IoE are nasty. they can hide behind LoS blocking elements and be in your face the next turn, while bikers need to take empty lanes to avoid dangerous terrain tests. Altough one use only i've used shriekwave in a raptor talon to great effect. if you roll 3+ hits that relic can be devastating , expecially because you can later charge in with the raptors+lord unit.
Sadly, noise marines are just worse than common marines, thanks to fearless being given with the Mark of Slaanesh. Where noisy can bring specialized weaponry, marines bring moděre bodies and weapons enough to fulfill a generalist role that nise marines cannot have. As heavy support with blastmasters they cost too much; as midsupport with blasters, they do not hit hard enough (bolters have rougly the same effect) as cc unit with doomsiren they lack real punch and numbers (unless you spent a gazillion points)
so, i have to say that Noise Marines are useful only in their special formation, instead of a warband. they lack ObSec, but gain some punch with their weapons and have split fire that can help in deal with various enemies.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-17, 04:36 PM

DkMiBuch's Flag is: Denmark

How many models do you feel you need to put in a Raptor squad to justify buying the IoE?

I've never got around to actually playing a game with the EC. How do you feel the drugs are working out for you?

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Last edited by DkMiBuch; 04-04-17 at 05:00 PM.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-17, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkMiBuch View Post
How many models do you feel you need to put in a Raptor squad to justify buying the IoE?

I've never got around to actually playing a game with the EC. How do you feel the drugs are working out for you?
I think 8-10 raptors are the only way to justify an icon. Otherwise you might aswell buy 2 raptors more. Icons have maximum effect with maximum numbers of bodies. COmpare units costs:
5 Slaaneshi raptors with icon & 2 flamers 145
10 slaaneshi raptors with icon &2 flamers 240
Consider the impact in melee or in basic shooting harassing: for 145 pts you have 5 bodies that cannot punch trough any other similarly costed unit and cannot withstand serious retaliation without immediately dropping in sub-optimal condition. For less than double those points you have a serious melee threat that can substain some punishment and still hit hard. Also, the more FnP roll you will make, the more the icon will repay itself. With 2 models saved, you have already repaid it. But with 5 man units, 2 rolls are what you can at best expect to do. With ten bodies you might as well double or triple this expectation (more bodies, more armour saves, more fnp rolls, more turn the unit is alive, hence more rolls). So, imo, 10 man units its the best investment for an icon.

About drugs...i am known for my poor rolls. Twice i used it and twice i got shit bonuses like BS and Initiative. So, i think they are a great artifact, over a 10 games span or if you are just outright lucky. About the drugs bonus from the "rapture batallion" i think it's great because it's army wide and there is no way you have a so specialized army you cannot use watever result you rolled.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode