Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Help marks for Chaos Space Marine army

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CSM 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm fairly certain this is fine to post in this sub forum as it pretty much comes under; "how do I make a good list out of these models?"

I'll go over what I have and how intend to use some of it and go from there;
1 x Abaddon the despoiler
1 x Lucius the Eternal
1 x Sorcerer
1 x Sorcerer/Lord in Terminator Armour
1 x Daemon Prince

10 x Terminators
6 x Bikers
10 x Possessed
2 x Spawn
1 x Obliterator
33 x Chaos Marines
7 x Khrone Beserkers
2 x Rhinos

Off the top of my head that is all the models I currently have that I could field, I know I can't field all them at once - some are there for diversability to swap in and out depending on the situation. My main question is what combination would make a good all rounding army? I plan to add a defiler soon.

Rough game plan in an ideal situation would be to have dirge casters on the rhino's/defiler to prevent overwatch whilst nurgle spawn rush up front with the 6 bikes backing them up followed by the defiler to ensure everything is decimated! Outside of that i'm not really sure where to spend points or what marks would work effectively.

Spawn will most likely go MoN. I have about 13 chaos space marines painted up as MoS, rest are up in the air at the moment as what would be the best mark? Daemon Prince, apparently MoN is no good because it slows him down so MoT is the next best? Bikers were going to be MoK but now wondering if MoN is better? Should the bikers have melee weapons on them for MoK? and the 10 terminators I have no clue what mark would suit them!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i'm a but out of date over the past 5/6 years :grin:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah getting close quickly is essential which is why i'll also be running dirge casters to prevent overwatch.
The bikes can usually be taken out very quickly and the Daemon Prince is fun to use but costs a few points, any idea on what mark would suit the Bikers better, MoK or MoN?
And MoN for the toughness or MoT for the invul save or even MoS to run mobs down for the Prince? Thanks in advance :)

Actually starting to consider either MoS or MoK for the 6 bikers, just not sure whats going to pan out better in the army, any ideas guys? Also I love fielding a Prince but the high points means it needs to be worthwhile so MoT for invul save or MoN for initial toughness? :/ The rhino for the zerkers is a great idea cant believe I didn't even think of them getting minced early on as they are new additions :Dhttp://www.heresy-online.net//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

#4 ·
I'd go for 1500 pts

Chaos Lord
MoSlaanesh
Steed
Sigils
Powerfist + claw
(165) ---Just modify a biker for this---

20 Chaos Marines
MoSlaanesh
2 meltaguns
powersword
meltabombs
Icon of Excess
(385)

5 Marines
melta
combimelta
rhino, dirge caster
(135)

5 Marines
melta
combimelta
rhino, dirge caster
(135)

5 Bikers
MoSlaanesh
2 meltaguns
power maul
Icon of Excess
(190)

2 Nurgle Spawns (72)

3 Terminators
3 combiplasma
(112)

3 Terminators
3 combiplasma
(112)

3 Terminators
3 combiplasma
(112)

1 Nurgle Obliterator (76)

That's 1498 pts. Slaanesh lord outflanking big blob of marines, terminators deepstiking into enemy lines, rhino and bikers supported by spawns assaulting and shoouting, while obliterator give some measure of heavy support.

If you could, i suggest to remove a 3 terminators unit and add another obliterator and another nurgle spawn.

#5 ·
I quite like the look of that neferhet, and do agree on the addition of some more heavy hitters, another obliterator sounds good but will probably also invest in a defiler and havoc squad down the track for versatility.

Slaanesh is my favorite to field, however, i'm still stuck between MoS and MoK for the bikers, with a MoS lord I get the rest need to correspond, but I just can't get past the attack force that MoK bikers would have. Or would I be best leaving the bikers out of close combat and utilising the bolters and meltas over charging in? Oh, and also unmarked for the termies even if it were up to 1750 points? Thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.