Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Dark Imperium - Guy Haley

17K views 65 replies 18 participants last post by  Brother Dextus 
#1 ·

Dark Imperium novel from Guy Haley. This will be the first Black Library book (of many), set after the events of the Gathering Storm and starring the Primarch Roboute Guilliman, the new Primaris Space Marines and their mortal (and in some cases immortal) enemies, the Death Guard.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hrm, I think its not coincidence they chose Dark Imperium for the title.

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Imperiu...&qid=1495531653&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+imperium

The premier story of this ancient antology as featured on the cover, involves the nurgle corrupted ultramarine Castus. Whom is redeemed by the SoB Aescarion whom manages to reach him through the corruption, and he takes an exterminatus device into the nurgle host. Aescarion would later go to tangle with the renegade soul drinkers.

#3 ·
Rumours of certain books floating around and covers that have been leaked suddenly make much more sense.

A 40k Custodes novel and an Alpha Legion vs Saint Celestine and Sisters of Battle novel? These must be Dark Imperium books, they've been known for some time now but we just assumed they were the start of a new series and a stand-alone respectively, now it appears that they are part of something much bigger.

LotN

#4 ·
Emperors Legion:
The Custodian Guard have stood watch over the Emperor's Palace on Terra since the foundation of the Imperium. Charged with protecting the Master of Mankind from all threats, within and without, their fearsome resolve is renowned throughout the galaxy, and their golden armour is the last thing that a would-be assassin or saboteur will ever see. Alongside the Null-maidens of the Sisters of Silence, who are anathema to psykers and sorcerers alike, there is no threat to the Golden Throne that they alone cannot vanquish...until now.

#6 ·
Guys, is Guy Haley a good novelist? What else has he written? I am thinking about buying this new book...but i'm not so shure. I generally dislike BL writers with notable exceptions.

#9 ·
I wonder if Dark Imperium will get the audio book treatment. The other Black Library audio I've heard was well performed (if occasionally a bit overly dramamatic).

#11 ·
I'm rather excited for this book and as others have mentioned Guy Haley is a great writer so I feel that the book is in great hands. Anybody have an idea when it's coming out? I figure sometime after 8th edition is released but when I look at the Black Library it's not in the coming releases for the next few months. Would this mean that it's not coming out until after August or is that GW just hasn't put it up yet?

#18 ·
I usually buy ebooks too. Much easier to move around a kindle than have to transport hundreds of pounds of books. I might have to make an exception for this one though.

#21 ·
Black Library - Dark Imperium (eBook)

Dark Imperium

A Warhammer 40,000 novel

The galaxy has changed. Darkness spreads, warp storms split reality and Chaos is everywhere – even Ultramar. As Roboute Guilliman's Indomitus Crusade draws to a close, he must brave the perils of the warp to reach his home and save it from the depredations of the Plague God.

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a new beginning for the Warhammer 40,000 universe! Guy Haley crafts a tale of the returned Primarch Roboute Guilliman as he races to save his realm from the servants of Nurgle – it's the perfect accompaniment to the new Warhammer 40,000 game!

THE STORY
Fell times have come to the galaxy. Cadia has fallen, destroyed by the onslaught of Chaos. A Great Rift in the warp has opened and from its depths spew daemons and the horrors of Old Night. But all hope is not lost... A hero, long absent, has returned and with him comes the wrath of the Ultramarines reborn. Roboute Guilliman has arisen to lead the Imperium out of darkness on a crusade the likes of which has not been seen since the fabled days of the Emperor. But never before have the forces of Ruin amassed in such numbers, and nowhere is safe from despoliation. From the dreaded Scourge Stars come the hordes of the Plaguefather, Lord Nurgle, and their pustulent eye is fixed on Macragge. As the Indomitas Crusade draws to an end, Guilliman races to Ultramar and a confrontation with the Death Guard.

Written by Guy Haley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh.....the Indomitus crusade already ending? Such typos in the blurb. It looks to be a setup for the upcomming Fate of Konor campaign.

#31 ·
by the look of this one it's done in the same style as Jain Zar, which is totally different to Carrion Throne, Dante and Warlord. Jain Zar had a laminated front and only the spine is leather effect, so it's the only bit at risk. The front and back being laminate are relatively bomb proof. I've only started Jain Zar so I've no idea how the spine will hold up. But I've had 3 out of the 4 replaced so far, hopefully won't need a 4th.
I'm not buying the ebook. I want the book delivered and in good quality in the edition i buy without having to spend more to put a book on the shelf. I hate ebook anyway

#29 · (Edited)
Finished Dark Imperium. Absolutely top notch epic writting, Guy Haley delivers yet again. I think the novel settles a lot of the worries about the Primaris marines and Guiliman's own involvement with the Imperium as well his attempts at shoring up the failings. So many juicy revelations and suprises. Dark Imperium is set 112 years past the Gathering Storm events. I rate Dark Imperium as 10/10, a rare sublime classic.

On Primaris Marines

On Guiliman..

#36 · (Edited)
I think acceptance of Age of Sigmar might have gotten a lot better if they had more competent authors doing the initial books and not just the B team delivering glorified battle reports. Dark Imperium is how you do it right, with a truly juicy book to herald a new and SIGNIFICANT edition.

I do wonder if the new storyline progression will have most authors jumping to post gathering storm, as thats where all the new buzz and excitement lies. So i honestly expect non-horus heresy content to be severely dialed down to focus on the new era, outside of ongoing trillogies getting finished.

The floodgates is after all opening with the timeline seemingly progressing post 999.M41.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.