Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Vaults of Terra: The Carrion Throne (Limited Edition)

6K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  MontytheMighty 
#1 · (Edited)

>>>Black Library - Vaults of Terra: The Carrion Throne LTD<<<

Inquisitor Crowl, who serves on Holy Terra itself, follows the trail of a conspiracy that leads him to the corridors of the Imperial Palace itself…

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a novel that gets into the seedy underbelly of the Throneworld, Terra itself, at the end of the 41st millennium!

THE STORY
In the hellish sprawl of Imperial Terra, Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Erasmus Crowl serves as a stalwart and vigilant protector, for even the Throneworld is not immune to the predations of its enemies. In the course of his Emperor-sworn duty, Crowl becomes embroiled in a dark conspiracy, one that leads all the way to the halls of the Imperial Palace. As he plunges deeper into the shadowy underbelly of the many palace districts, his investigation attracts the attention of hidden forces, and soon he and his acolyte Spinoza are being hunted – by heretics, xenos, servants of the Dark Powers, or perhaps even rival elements of the Inquisition itself. Soon they discover a terrible truth, one that if allowed to get out could undermine the very fabric of the Imperium itself.

Written by Chris Wraight.
-----------------------------------

Pre-order is available and I will surely get mine.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ordered that sucker up straight away. Noticed they have put up pictures with releasing the pre orders which is great. It felt completely wrong buying without even a photo of the book.
Jain Zar has my attention too.... I'm leaving it for now. It's that or Perturabo. Primarchs are very short and Gulliman was crap so the eldar have me so far. Toss up!

#3 ·
Can't even remember the last time I was excited for a new book, to bad I'll have to wait a bit longer for the non limited edition version.

#4 ·
Regarding the Primarchs series..I was thinking about starting my collection for about two weeks, now. I have actually never bought any limited book from BL before.

And when I start collecting something I intend to finish it. And yesterday I completely lost it. I pre-ordered Perturabo and bought Magnus for double price on Ebay. Now I need to get Guilliman and Russ. There's no way back for me now...

#6 ·
I opened the LE last week and it looked like below. I actually think it is even a bit worse now. Spine and back looks fine. Should I ask for change ? I have it wrapped in original paper. Opened it only once. I am worried it might get worse.

Attachments

#8 ·
I've had this happen to Dante, Warlord and Carrion Throne. Not straight away it's worn badly while I've been reading them. Each time I've sent off an email and been supplied with a new copy, well I'm waiting on the new carrion copy but it's been promised. So now I have a reading copy and a pristine shelf copy!
It's pretty poor though. They are expensive books. If they weren't so pretty I would have given up on them at the first one.
I'm also assuming this is a recognised problem and they are sorting it out behind the scenes, so while they continue to replace the faulty copies I'm not going to complain.
So yes I would send off an email pronto

#9 ·
So I contacted them but they told me none is left. So I choose to take Warlord LE as a replacement. But they managed to find one last for me! So I am fine but I hope they sort this out soon. Horusian Wars LE has a lot of gold on it. I don't want to ask for replacement again.

#13 ·
Holy shit the quality issues on these things are getting ridiculous. A 55€ book should be of sufficient quality to last at least one reading and not fucking fall apart just from being touched. At this point they might as well start throwing in the regular edition of the book just so we have a copy that we can actually read without fear of ruining it whilst the fragile as shits Limited Edition goes into an airtight glass cabinet so as to not fall apart.

Reactions: Entarion
#14 ·
I would actually appreciate at least free digital copy for every limited edition. I had put my replacement back to original box and put it to dark place never expect to open it again. Which is shame for such a beautiful book.

But airtight glass cabinet is actually great idea :grin2:

#15 ·
I'm pretty confident this is a production issue they are sorting out. This is a new format they are trying which everyone loves the look of it's the robustness of the product. And I'm sure it's sortable.
While they replace them I can't complain too much.
I hate digital books so if they are giving out free books with them make mine a paperback?

#18 ·
Great book from the beginning to the very end. It actually took me 295 pages to fully realize to what lore bit it was related. Story had good flow without blind spots. Throughout the book I thought this will be regular "traitor" inquisitor story but plot twist at the end made it great.

Parts with Custodes were majestic! Can't wait for Watchers of the Throne.

Can we make any conclusions because of what happened in the end ?

#19 ·
Speculation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.