Gallery prints - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-17, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Gallery prints

My wife bought me the Fabius Bile print to go with a small collection of the BL gallery prints I have. Ive really loved the few I have bought so far they are top quality and look superb framed up and displayed.
Then came the Fabius print.... I'm gutted they have totally changed them they are no longer the quality prints like previous ones. They are now just posters in a card surround. Cheap and nasty looking.
As a guide the ones at £27.50 are the quality linen paper prints and the ones at £30 are cheap shiny posters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-17, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Well thats a bit disconcerting, paying more for lower quality.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-17, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Yip I dropped it into the guy I use to frame pictures a few hours ago. He said the drop in paper quality from the last one he framed would have saved around 25% of the print cost. Pathetic

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-17, 04:20 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Dislike. Thanks for the PSA

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-17, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Just to update I complained and they refunded me which is pretty good. They wil still produce the prints in the new cheapo format and charge more but at least they got customer service right!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-17, 09:18 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

What in the fuck? I have four of them on my wall, love them, but no way I am buying anymore of them if this is the case.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-17, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
What in the fuck? I have four of them on my wall, love them, but no way I am buying anymore of them if this is the case.
I feel your pain I had a wall I hoped to fill with them. But the new ones are cheap looking. The Mrs said she thought she had ordered the wrong thing and it looked like a photocopy.
There are quite a few of the older ones still on the site but out of badness I don't really feel like ordering any!
It's particularly annoying because it was such a cheap little cut. Especially when BL seem to be increasing the quality on the books.
I'm usually defending BL to the hilt.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-17, 11:21 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Money talks. Make sure to complain and point out that you won't be buying more of the 'new quality'.

At least they're basically being honest, though the paper being in the fine print is... kinda bleh. It's not something you expect to have to pay attention to if you've already picked up a few prints before.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-17, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure I didn't leave them with any notion I would buy anymore....ended up apologising for calling the guy who made the decision a tosser. How rude....
I also noticed that the new limited galley prints that are running near the cool £100 are printed in the same crappy format. That's a disappointment waiting to happen.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode