-AHW
-Musician
5 Raiders-33pts
-Musician
5 Raiders-33pts
-Musician

6 Harpies-66pts
1000pts

The characters will all go with the gors. The raiders will cover the gors, whilst the harpies move up one flank to take out warmachines/scouts. The beasts shaman will swap for wildform, and the shadow shaman will hex the enemy-bs before I reach combat, ws/I/s/t in combat.

One change I could make is to swap the bray shaman and ramhorn helm for the beast banner, leaving me with 22pts to spend on stuff. Would that be a good idea, or is my first list good?

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it looks a solid list... but you'll be massively reliant on the winds of magic.

Few things I would suggest- get a banner on that gor unit to up you to fortitude 4 in blood and glory games (so you don't lose if your general snuffs it).
I would also be tempted to drop the bray shaman for a tuskgor chariot- it'll give you something nasty to ward enemies from one of your flanks (2 would be better) but also then gives you something to slam into the flank of any engaged enemy if you meet a nasty opponent (and it acts as a safety net in case your magic phase goes badly).

#3 ·
Great Bray Shaman-200pts
-Lvl 3(Shadow)

Wargor-206pts
-BSB
-Beast Banner
-HA
-Shield
-Gnarled Hide

49 Gors-407pts
-AHW
-Musician
-Standard
5 Raiders-33pts
-Musician
5 Raiders-33pts
-Musician

Razorgor-55pts
6 Harpies-66pts
1000pts

Considering what you have said, I have changed my list so I have 1 shaman and the beast banner, so my gors will reliably be S4. I have chosen a razorgor to flank my gors because it is tough and could be used to take out warmachines. I was thinking about taking a chaos spawn, but the only thing it has over the razorgor is that it is unbreakable, as the razorgor is faster, stronger and more reliable.

So, how is this list?

#4 ·
Looks solid.

I think that a second razorgor (pumagor as they are known locally) would probabyl do you better then the 2 units of raiders, with the bonus points I would either put the jagged dagger on your great bray or give him a magic weapon. The shrieking blade you had before is good if you want the enemy to fear you (though it won't protect anyone but the shamen from fear) or just grab warrior bane (a favourite of mine). Personally I think the jagged jagger would go well with the list- if you get into a prolonged combat you are going to need to force through some hex/augments and the extra dice or 2 you'll get from a S5 great bray with hatred would likely fit the bill.

#5 ·
Ah, I thought that the shrieking blade would provide immunity for the gors, but even so, LD8 with rerolls should be enough. I don't really want to get rid of the ungors as they provide cover for the gors and will probably make the enemy charge them first instead of the gors, though I suppose that wouldn't make much of a difference.

If I did go with 2 razorgor, would it be best to go with 2 on one flank or 1 on each? I would probably put the harpies on one flank and the razorgors on the other, as that seems to make the most sense.

However, I could swap the harpies for another razorgor and the jagger, so I can march the gors up the center with the razorgors flanking and the ungor shielding. What do you think?

#6 ·
Ungors shielding will help, so long as they stay more then 6" away- you don't want to be taking panic tests for them getting killed, even with the BSB.

I think you should have a pig on both sides to help screen your flanks, but it depends on set up as to where they belong. The razorgors will do much better then the harpies, butt he fly move of the harpies makes them better war machine hunters... but they'll struggle to kill anything else (TBH they might struggle to kill some war machine crews too).

Fear is an odd one now- having the rule protects the models with the rule, but makes the whole unit cause fear. So 2 units each with a fear causing character get into combat with each other means both sides have to take fear tests, but if failed the characters won't be WS1.

#7 ·
I will probably swap out the harpies, as they would probaly get overextended if I used them on their own. Thanks for your help.:good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.