Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

February Painting Deathmatch Voting

3K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  DarkDisciple_Nahum 
#1 · (Edited)
Voting for

Voting in this deathmatch should be based not just on painting skill, but also for application of different painting techniques, individual artist improvement, creativity and originality etc.

In order to vote, you must pick your favourite 3 entries and list them in order of favourite to least favourite. For example I would vote:

1) Dave T Hobbit (favourite)
2) humakt (second favourite)
3) Viscount Vash (third favourite)

If you vote for an entry as your favourite that entry will recieve 3 points, if you vote for an entry as your second favourite it will recieve 2 points and if you vote for an entry as your third favourite it will recieve 1 point. Once voting is finished I will add up all of the results and the winner will be announced.

If you have entered but do not cast your vote, then no votes for you will count. This is to encourage voting and to ensure that we at least get some votes.

Also note that if you vote for an entry that is not eligible for any reason (I still post them up so that others can see them) then the entire vote will be disregarded (1st, 2nd and 3rd choices).

Anybody voting who has less than 100 posts to his/her name will be disqualified from voting to eliminate cheating as although it is a non-competitive event, we are still taking precautions against cheaters (this rule does not apply if you are a participant).

Voting will close at Midnight GMT on 11 March 2014. Any votes cast after this time will be disregarded. If you do not vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd then your vote will also be disregarded.

Awards are as follows:
Participation: 1 reputation
3rd Place: 2 reputation
2nd Place: 3 reputation
1st Place: 4 reputation, receive Mark of Slaanesh during the quarterly Heresy Online Awards

(DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF)

The Entries are below. There are more photographs of some entries in the Entry Thread:

HokieHWT

Iraqiel

kickboxerdog

LokiDeathclaw

Nacho libre

ChaosRedCorsairLord

iamtheeviltwin

Ring Master "Honka"

SwedeMarine

Deus Mortis

DkMiBuch

Miami

DarkDisciple_Nahum

KarnalBloodfist

Varakir

Howzaa

See less See more
#3 ·
Another great month of competition, there are easily 6 or so people that could have taken the votes this month.

1) Lokideathclaw - Beautiful work, clean lines and highlights all add up to an ace mini
2) Miama - The picture in the voting doesn't do that paintjob justice (there are better ones in the submission thread). Nice work on the texturing between the brass highlighting.
3) Swedemarine - I love the lizardman aesthetic and there are some nice touches on the finishing (blood on the hammer)

honorable mention: Ringmaster "Honka" - That is one of the most disturbing miniatures I have seen in a long time.

#23 ·
1) Lokideathclaw. Loving the preHeresy scheme over the usual blue grey. Very crisp and tidy highlighting. Nice skin tone as well. And I'm a SW fanboy.:wink:

2) Varakir. The transition on the sword is beautiful.

3) Howzaa. Very nice shading on the cloak.

honorable mention: Ringmaster "Honka" - That is one of the most disturbing miniatures I have seen in a long time.
Agreed. I can't put my finger on why, but there is something very disturbing about it.

#4 ·
It's a bit hard for me to order my votes from 1-3. I thought on it and this is what I came up with:

1) SwedeMarine - I really dig the unconventional colour scheme, plus excellent use of colour theory.
2) Miami - Excellent painted model, with an equally excellent painted base.
3) LokiDeathclaw - Pristine, flawless technique.

#6 ·
1) LokiDeathclaw - Can't exactly say I like Space Wolves, but I really like your way of highlighting.
2) Varakir - Fantastic blendings, especially on the sword.
3) Ring Master "Honka" - Okay, perhaps not the best of works, but the overall feeling is great.

#7 ·
Fewer entries this month but quality just as high! So my votes for this month are:

1. Miami- love the paint scheme
2. Iraqiel- the banner is awesome and even though I don't paint my power weapons that way I really like the force weapon blade.
3. Howzaa- liking the depth of colour on the robes and the contrast with the blue

#8 ·
1. Iraqiel- Great banner and good colours in the right places. Nice clean paint job and great detailing.
2. Kickboxerdog- the flesh tones and the eyes make this top 3 for me. Great character and very nicely painted all round.
3. Lokideathclaw - Fantastic contrast in your colours, great execution.

T'was a difficult month for voting again and I had to spend a while whittling 7 favourites down to just 3. Great work again everyone :victory:

#11 ·
Again, fantastic competition this month. I am honoured to stand in your ranks.

1) Iraqiel (I'm sorry, but the freehand on the banner and the numerous other fine details just sold me on this one.)
2) LokiDeathclaw (Here it was the clean, crisp colour scheme as well as the little details like the extended canines are just brilliant for me.)
3) Ring Master "Honka" (Unlike the others, it wasn't the detail that one me on this one. The model just oozes personality and it is brilliantly creepy.)

As I said before, absolutely brilliant folks! :victory:

#12 ·
an, what a tough month. Congrats everyone, you all submitted such excellent models.

Still, man's got to vote:

1. Ring Master Honka - i still can't sleep at night. The overall presentation of this model is excellent, and the painting styles used were very effective in achieving that effect.

2. Loki - That Space Wolf is undeniably a very well painted model. Nuff said.

3. Varakir - Adaptation of older 'classic' models into a more 'gritty', contemporary style army can be very incongruous and difficult. With almost entirely just the paint style and use of clean and similar techniques (that are pretty well refined!) you've overcome that tendency, which is great to see and has resulted in a great model.

That was a hard pick, please don't be disappointed if you didn't get votes because the standard here is very good.

#14 ·
1) Kickboxerdog- this is seriously one of the best Dwarf models i have ever seen. Very fitting
2) LokiDeathclaw- Solid Paint Job as always. Especially impresesd with the face of the model as thats on of the hardest areas for me to get right.
3) Miami- Awesome work on that helldrake. Its one of the most annoying models to paint and to get right excellent job.

I also have to give Honorable Mentions to Varakir, Iraqiel, and Howzaa. Both models are excellent unfortunaetly i can only choose 3 :(

#16 ·
Great job everyone! It was they were all great!

But This is what I think:

1-LokiDeathclaw - Simple but very effective!
2- SwedeMarine - The Gold looks clean yet detailed, and the skin looks lovely.
3-Howzaa - A deep and fantastic purple on the robes love it!

#17 ·
1.LokiDeathclaw - brilliant shading and color scheme
2.Varakir - beautiful model with lovely added touches (backpack and sword)
3.SwedeMarine - impeccable paint job. I really like the color of its scale, just lovely.

#20 ·
1: Varakir - Dat sword. Much vibrant. Wow. So Salamander.
2: Howzaa - I really like the dark hues you've gone for on this model and it looks suitably dark and gloomy. Well done!
3: LokiDeathClaw - Excellent tones and a unique way of painting Space Wolves. Kudos!

Honorable mentions to Miami, SwedeMarine, Iraqiel, Kickboxerdog and Ring Master "Honka" for your contributions. You're all an inspiration!

#27 ·
Congrats to all, thanks for the votes and particularly for the competition!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.