Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

List of FAQ/Errata candidates.

12K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  abadizzle 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, the flood of questions is dying down a little, I figure I'd post this list of questions from Heresy-Online that either weren't answered clearly or took too much rules-wrangling to answer. The idea is everyone who reads this copy and pastes it into an e-mail to GW at gamefaqs@gwplc.com. So that GW will answer these questions when they do their Rulebook FAQ.

EDIT: To be completely clear, don't discuss the topics you see listed below, just e-mail them to GW. Even if you think there's an obvious answer, still send it, because I checked; each thread was really long, or wasn't answered satisfactorily, or the question was just one many people will have and has an answer which isn't so obvious. If you want to debate a topic you see here, click the link next to it and discuss on the thread dedicated to its discussion. I'll be editing the list below to account for new topics.

Are Space Wolves Runic Weapons separate from Deny the Witch? Can I make both rolls to try and cancel a psychic power? Thread

Can I fire two pistols with Gunslinger in Overwatch? Thread

When I’m allowed to take a “power weapon”, can I choose what kind? Thread

A Death Cult Assassin can take “two power weapons”. Can I model it with a Power Axe and Power Sword, for example? And if they’re both Power Weapons, do I get the +1A for two close combat weapons? Thread

Where are the wounds from a Vector Strike allocated to? Thread

If I disembark from a deep striking vehicle, do I make my 6” move? Thread

If I shoot out from area terrain, and there is no part of the terrain piece obscuring my LOS, does my target get a cover save? Thread

Do the effects of a Crew Stunned/Shaken still affect the passengers if they disembark? Thread

If I use Bladestorm on my Dire Avengers, can they shoot in the Shooting Phase and during Overwatch? Do they still benefit from Bladestorm? Thread

Can Beam powers hit fliers? What about shooting attacks that work like Beam, like the Death Ray? Thread

If a model has Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain, and suffers an unsaved wound that inflicts Instant Death, can that model make a Feel No Pain roll? Thread

Can a rule that exchanges a model’s BS for a set value, like Telion’s Voice of Experience, be used to override Snap Shot? Thread

If my Blood Angels IC is deployed as part of a unit that then succumbs to Red Thirst, does he also gain the rule, as he is part of the unit? If not, is he allowed to remain part of the unit? Thread

If I have an alliance of convenience, do things that affect enemy units without targeting them, like Eldar Stones of Warding, affect my allies? Thread

Can I use a Witchfire attack in Overwatch? Thread

If a model piles in during their initiative step and then has their initiative reduced by a rule like Lash Whips, do they strike at the same initiative step they piled in at, or their modified initiative? Thread

Can a unit pass underneath a Swooping Flying Monstrous Creature? Can a Swooping Monstrous Creature be Tank Shocked? Thread

Which is resolved first, Mind Shackle Scarabs or Challenges? Thread

Can I Leap down from battlements in a phase other than my Movement phase? What about my opponent’s turn? Thread

Can I use the Grav Chutes rule to deploy from a zooming flyer? Thread

Can I use my Burnas in an Overwatch attack and still use them as a power weapon in the subsequent assault phase? Are Burnas counted as unusual power weapons? Thread

Three Part Question:
i) When playing a mission with the Night Fighting rule, and you are using Imotekh, who's Lord of the Strom rule always makes it Night Fighting in the first turn, do you roll for the Mission's Night Figthing anyways?
ii) If yes, and the normal Night Fighting roll fails, do you roll to see if night fighting comes into effect on turn 5?
iii) If yes again, would this Night Fighting cause Lightining Bolts?
If Mind in the Machine affects a Zooming Flyer with more than four weapons (and missiles) how many can you fire? The rule says may fire as if it didn't move in the previous turn. A Tesla Destructor arcs to a unit that cannot be seen by the unit that fired, but can be seen by the unit targeted. Can any wounds actually be caused? Does a C'tan's Lord of Fire work against Psyker using a power from the Pyromancy Discipline? Do Canoptek Spyders gain an extra attack if they have a Fabrication Array? Thread

If a Flying Monstrous Creature that was Swooping fails a Grounding Test and becomes Grounded, does it lose Swooping? Thread

[EDIT ON JULY 11 2012]

When I re-deploy via deepstrike with the Space Marine's Gate of Infinity or the Necron's Veil, does that count as deployment? Can I do actions normally only done in deployment, like Combat Squad or Hunter's From Hyperspace? Thread

Can a Monstrous Creature fire two weapons in an Overwatch attack? Thread

EDIT ON JULY 12 2012

When allocating wounds from a Blast or Large Blast weapon that isn't Barrage, can I allocate wounds to models out of LOS? Thread

Can a Locator Beacon be used for allied units? Can it be used by any unit, even the enemy? Thread

EDIT ON JULY 13 2012

Can I take a Deny the Witch roll against area of effect attacks like Nova? What about Beam powers? Thread

In White Dwarf 390, Carl Dafforn talks about how his Dreadnoughts have the Hammer of Wrath rule. But there is nothing in the Rulebook or FAQ's about this. What gives?

EDIT ON JULY 15 2012

Is the Mawloc's Terror From the Deep resolved like a shooting attack, or melee attack? Can it hit Zooming Flyers? Thread

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't really know idiot is the intent of this thread but my opinion on this is They are not hit because they cannot be targeted,which as you said, is what the LotS does.

#7 ·
I'd like to see that age old nugget of "remove and return via deep strike" be clarified as whether it is "deployment" so we can tidy up once and for all things like combat squadding and Deathmarking , Hunters from Hyperspace etc.

I also NEED the Animus Speculum question put to rest, I had hope the new ed would do so. i.e. does it get a buff or EACH Psyker model in a GK/IG Psychic choir, GK squad, GK Vehicles, Mystic.

and in party with that are "Psykers" psykers and if so what mastery level are they.

add in Null Rod and a full run down on what it can/can't nerf.

#9 ·
I nearly burned out my eyeballs last night just compiling the original list, so I'll make you a deal. Give me links to each thread discussing these, and I'll add them and a summary of the question to the list. I'll comb the recent threads and add what's new.

#10 ·
That's cool mate, the threads on these are quite old. What I might do is just submit them to the FAQ Gods myself and feedback any results.

#11 · (Edited)
Alright, although you can use google to find old threads; just type in quotations Heresy, and further on in quotations words that would appear in your topic of choice.

[EDIT] I couldn't find any new threads that needed to be added, so I'll add the deployment one, as I believe I was involved in that scrap.

#14 · (Edited)
custserv@gwplc.com is the one I use. Is there one dedicated to rules questions?
EDIT Found the correct one after e-mailing customer service. The e-mail is gamefaqs@gwplc.com, and I'll be adding it to the opening post.

#15 ·
What I would love to see:

ERRATA

Page 30 - Veterans of the Long War.

Add the following:

In addition, models with the Veterans of the Long War special rule may select one of the following veteran abilities for free:

Infiltrate, Move Through Cover, Night Vision, Skilled Rider, Tank Hunters, Crusader, Stealth, Stubborn.

Note that every model in the unit must select the same veteran ability.

Page 66 - Chaos Icons.

Add the following:

In addition, if the first model from a friendly unit arriving by Deep Strike is placed within 6" of at least one model with a

Chaos Icon, the following rules apply:

• If the unit attempting to Deep Strike and the unit with the Chaos Icon have the same Mark of Chaos (or both units are entirely

composed of units with no Mark of Chaos) then the unit attempting to Deep Strike does not scatter.

• If the unit attempting to Deep Strike and the unit with the Chaos Icon have different Marks of Chaos then the unit attempting to

Deep Strike scatters D6", rather than the usual amount.

Page 92 - Ahriman

Replace the Psyker entry with 'Psyker: Ahriman generates his powers from the Biomancy, Pyromancy, Telepathy, Divination and

Tzeentch disciplines.'

Page 96 - Possessed

Change points value to 105 points.

Page 96 - Possessed

Change the first bullet point to "May add up to fifteen Possessed........... 21 pts/model"

Page 98 - Thousand Sons

Change points value to 120 points.

Page 98 - Khorne Berzerkers

Change base attacks (Khorne Berzerker) to 2. Change base attacks (Berzerker Champion) to 3.

Page 100 - Raptors, Special Rules.

Add "Hit and Run."

Page 101 - Warp Talons, Special Rules.

Add "Hit and Run."

Page 101 - Warp Talons, Wargear.

Add "Frag Grenades."

FAQ

Q: Can a model with access to the Chaos Artefacts section of the wargear list replace multiple weapons for multiple Chaos Artefacts?
A: Yes.

...Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.