Where do we go from here? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-17, 12:36 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
It isn't just Guilliman for the Imperium though is it? Aren't the Custodes also joining the fray now? Do we have numbers for how many of them there are? They're absolute beasts on the table top, I imagine they'll pack a punch in the lore as well.
The Custodes and Sisters are dropping this Saturday, so hopefully more light will be shed on them then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 01:38 AM

To me this is what was needed for War Hammer 40 K. I think things were stalling and even for the black library novels they were releasing the Horus Heresy novels at a snails pace and I think losing readership. Just like with War Hammer they just changed everything and with 40k they plan on making some new changes too.

I predict more primarchs will come back. It's possible it might be Khan . Why? He disappear into the webway if I remember chasing after the dark eldars. With what just happened to the Eldars and the webway its possible he might be the next in line to pop out. If anything adding more primarchs will be a benefit to the Imperium.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 01:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak76 View Post
If anything adding more primarchs will be a benefit to the Imperium.
It depends on the primarch when you stop and think about it. Ones like the Khan and Russ are, by and large, fairly selfish and one track. When it comes down to it, the primarchs who were big picture thinkers have always been Gulliman, Corax, Dorn, and Sanguinius (and unfortunately one of them is dead, another allegedly dead, and a third vanished millennia ago.)

If we were to see another loyalist primarch return I'd hope for Corax or Vulkan, though given the latters thoughts on the Imperium during the war with the Beast I don't see that going over to well.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 02:30 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

While I too would like to see Vulkan, and I've always had a soft spot for the Khan... if we're looking for a big picture guy for the current situation, I think El'Jonson would be best. No matter what some of the others might have thought, the choice for Warmaster was always between Horus and him. I don't think Guilliman would really have a problem with the Lion taking over similar responsibilities for the Imperium, as those two already divided the roles for Imperium Secundus before.

It would also set up an interesting new rivalry as it sets Abaddon directly against Horus' main competition for Warmaster, which would give him a chance to live up to his anti-Horus rants...

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 08:54 PM

Regardless which Primarch will come back next. I think this a good direction for warhammer 40k. Things were just stalling. The Dark Angles primarch makes most sense since we know his not dead but just sleeping. But not sure if Dark Angles will accept Gulliman as the High Commander. I can see pretty much all the primarch accepting their roles IF they come back.

Just wish black library just speed up there writing . The Horus heresy novels should of been long done already .
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 10:05 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post

If we were to see another loyalist primarch return I'd hope for Corax or Vulkan, though given the latters thoughts on the Imperium during the war with the Beast I don't see that going over to well.
There was some leaked stuff a while back showing Vulcan as a returning Primarch. I'm not sure if that was ever verified or called out as fake, but having Vulcan back would certainly make things interesting.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 11:03 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0f&oe=5917E16C

The leak came before the reveal of the return of guiliman and was decried as false. But now, its looking a lot more plausible.
I could imagine this would be set around the unveiling of Cawl's new toys on Mars. Vulkan would be perfect for assisting with it, due to how tech minded he is.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 11:36 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post

The leak came before the reveal of the return of guiliman and was decried as false. But now, its looking a lot more plausible.
I could imagine this would be set around the unveiling of Cawl's new toys on Mars. Vulkan would be perfect for assisting with it, due to how tech minded he is.
Ah shit, Matt Ward is a Captain of the Ultramarines????

Anyways, hoping for Cypher to end the Emperor's undeath, redeeming the Fallen. Followed by the Lion ending his 10,000 year nap.
More Primarchs (see above) and Daemon Primarchs, because I want to see 40K models for them. Especially the the Daemon Primarchs. Magnus' model is badass. Even Rowboat Girlyman's new model is awesome. Better and more dynamic than his 30K incarnation.
Lore wise, we haven't advanced much in the setting. It felt like a lot of hurry up and wait. They rushed a lot of what was happening, due to the format of the books. Which is, I guess, setting the stage for actual advancements in the setting. I want them to restore the legions, loyalist ones anyway, restored with the surviving Primarchs. The Emperor's condition ended. Big E ascending for a hot minute to slap some greedy Chaos Gods, all hail, around for a bit, then coming back because Perpetual. Then bringing about a new crusade. Bringing the setting from year 41,999 to year 42,001, or slightly higher, by the end.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 11:51 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post

It was decried as false or a ridiculously early draft. There's way too many errors in both layout and people (even ignoring Matt Ward and Phil Kelly) for it to be anything else.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-17, 05:26 PM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

I have just finished Rise of the Primarch and I must say that I'm disappointed with Cypher story incorporation. Such cunning person being screwed up so easily by Guilliman. Grrr.

I expected some shocking revelation but we got more mysteries instead. Yes, I am talking about that sword bit. Wasn't it always meant to be Lion's Sword ? But it filled Guilliman with dread so that makes no sense. Unless..there is still some shocking revelation to be made about Lion in HH series.

^EDIT My bad here. Just found out about the fluff in Angels of Caliban and Great Wolf novels. Another shocking revelation. At least for me. My faith in Lion has taken another huge hit. I should read all those books soon to avoid future spoilers.

Also, Cypher parading through whole Terra with Guilliman ? Exposed just like that ? Somebody had to recognize him and DA's will know for sure. I hope that we will soon see some continuation of this story arc.
-------------------------------------------------

Regarding the future of W40k. Yes, we have seen some progress in Fenris and GS books but with faction concept revelation in 8th edition I think they will focus on full-scale war between Chaos and Imperium without any huge plot advancements. They can now clash between each other for next several years with GW focusing on releasing new models rather than advancing the fluff.

But I hope that I am mistaken because now there is huge opportunity to bring Primarchs back, make new codexes and do some radical changes in fluff.

Last edited by Entarion; 05-06-17 at 07:58 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode