What's the largest Apoc game you've played? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Expansions Newly expanded to include Planetstrike and Cities of Death discussion in addition to Apocalypse!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-10-11, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Default What's the largest Apoc game you've played?

I'm curious. Whats the largest pt value Apocalypse game you have ever played in?

I've only played Apocalypse at the Games Workshop store in Springfield, VA. So, it was somewhat limited. Usually we played either 6 or 8 person games. At first, the organizers limited the games to 1,000 pt list plus any data sheet you could field. Both myself and a few others went a little nuts. At first, I didn't know what a data sheet was, so I just played 1,000 pts. The next battle, I fielded a battle company plus 1,000 pts. After that I actually fielded a very large Death Company (over 6k) plus 1,000 pts. I think that game was at about 20k per side with 8 players.

After that huge battle, some people complained that the game was taking too long and they could not compete with the large sized armies. So, the organizer then limited all future games to 1,000 pt list plus a 1,000 data sheet, which severely limited my options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-10-11, 10:21 PM

HOBO's Flag is: Australia

I have 18K (12K IG, 3K of pure DW, 3k of drop podding 1st Company SM) that I can ally together, and I've fielded it all in many a game where there's been 5 other players...
so 100K +.

We're lucky that we can leave the Gaming Boards set up, so a game can be played over a few weekends if necessary....large houses with large rooms
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-10-11, 11:56 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBO View Post
I have 18K (12K IG, 3K of pure DW, 3k of drop podding 1st Company SM) that I can ally together, and I've fielded it all in many a game where there's been 5 other players...
so 100K +.

We're lucky that we can leave the Gaming Boards set up, so a game can be played over a few weekends if necessary....large houses with large rooms
Jesus, that's ridiculous. Please say you have pictures haha.

Largest I've done was a 4-way 24k pt game (12k per side). We managed to get it set up, played, and torn down in about 8 hours, so not too shabby. We also had player turns kind of bleeding into one another to keep things moving quickly since none of us wanted to quit the game early yet none of us could do a prolonged game.

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 05:25 AM

The last was roughly 30,000 points, i had fielded the largest of 5,000 points worth of Orks.

Strangely i have never fielded my 18,500 point Chaos Space Marines Army, it is just to damn big to carry on Public Transport.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Yeah, the times I've tried to field more than a Company, I've really envied the guys that show up with three titans. They are setup and ready to go in like 5 minutes.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 09:26 AM

cranvill's Flag is: England

Biggest has been 7k a side in a four wayer and it took the better part of a day to play out. Had to use the entiterty of my old nid army but hell it was fun.

Originally Posted by Jdwoogie
It just dawned on me that we turned a thread on a warhammer 40k site into a thread about vesectomies.... AWESOME!!! To bring it bit back on topic... Did the doctor use a frost blade to perform the precedure? i really hope he didn't use a thundar hammer.

Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT
Don't wanna read about some big breasted maid milking her dairy cows then milking the horse.

Who the feth milks a horse?

Yer i know my spelling and grammer suck but just so you know its not me being lazy just thick
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 09:43 AM

Mindlessness's Flag is: Australia

I've only played a 15k point game. 7.5k a side.

It was fun.

"Physics is the only real science. The rest are just stamp collecting."

-- Ernest Rutherford
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 12:00 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

9k 3way, so 27k total.

Was pretty manageable, we set up in an evening and played in abotu 2/3rds of a day - so in reality we could have played and set up in one day.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 12:10 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

I don't play apoc much so my biggest game was a meagre 4k a side.

However, if I were to use both of my 40k armies, I could pull 3.5k so I'd be open to 7k a side unless there are more players.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-13-11, 02:07 PM

qotsa4life's Flag is: Australia

The biggest game I'v ever played was 2 sides, 20,000 total. My side had three players and was comprised of CSM, nids, Grey Knights and Tau. The other side had two players with 10,000 points of Ultramarines. We started playing at about 6:00pm and had to finish up at 1:30am the next day, we had only gotten to the end of turn three.

It was very weird to see my demon prince fighting alongside grey knight terminators. The highlight of the match for me was when the Ultramarines drove a Land Raider full of chapter masters into the middle of the table and I attacked them with two squads of berzerkers who were wiped out in one round of combat. Good times!!!

The only other apoc game I've played was with Shaantitus. I don't remember the point value, but he played renegade guard with a Stormsword (I think) and a Macharius (Which I could not kill not matter how hard I tried). I had a titan, who blew up the Stormsword with his turbolaser and wasted a unit every turn for the rest of the game.

Black Legion 14th Company.
Battles in the name of Chaos 2010
17-13-9

2011 3-3-3

A bridge too far, terrain WIP http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=66841

Shaantitus and I are currently fighting through a scenario based on the Siege of Vraks books by Forgeworld, see what we're up to here: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75001

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k > 40k Expansions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode