Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Shadow War Stories

991 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Serpion5 
#1 ·
I've been playing the odd game of Shadow War with friends and my brother over the last few weeks, and discovered more than anything it allows for some hilarious outcomes over the course of campaigns.

Three games so far against my brother. One of his unfortunate chaos marines has become little more than a targeting sign for my necrons, spending nearly two thirds of his time pinned but has yet to suffer any lasting damage. By the same token, one of my deathmarks has yet to make a successful shot due to always being ganged up on when he teleports into the field.

In our third game, four of my necrons were gunned down and taken out of action in a single turn. My remaining two killed two marines and caused a failed bottle test in his next turn. That was a huge upset victory on my part and to rub salt in the wound, two of said necrons made full recoveries while the other two recovered with a vengeance, receiving advance rolls for their wounds.

Interestingly, neither of us have yet suffered a single casualty, yet we have both recruited additional members to our teams. So he started with four marines and now has two additional cultists, and I began with three immortals and two deathmarks and now have two warriors as well. I anticipate the next game will be far more bloody, between the extra bodies and all those extra skills we've picked up. Despite all games so far being in my favour, his refusal to spend promethium caches with my expensive recruits have left us with only two points of difference, me leading 5 caches to 3.

Anyone else got stories to tell? Upset victories, fighters who took a beating and came out better for it? Or anything else that was just plain funny or amusing to see happen?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.