Warriors of Chaos- turned good?! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-10, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

dandan1350's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Warriors of Chaos- turned good?!

is it possible to turn warriors of chaos good i understand if i did this i would be denied all god privalages and other chaotic things but could it happen. let me know you're thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minizke1 View Post
Fluff is written by Matt Ward, and thusly, your point is immediately withdrawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-10, 06:29 PM

cain the betrayer's Flag is: Netherlands

no imposible if your refering to the big living tanks they are they got that way necause of chaos they may kill themself like mortkin did but the empire would atack them on sight because of the oblious mutations

Check out my warriors of chaos log here
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-10, 06:39 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Why would they?

Chaos doesn't view itself as evil, same with the dark elves, or orcs. Chaos follows know of the gods, they are real in the north unlike the weakling gods of the southlands. They are doing whats right to them, the southerners betrayed them stole their rightful lands.

If a warrior did ever fall from the path, he would be more likely be turned into a spawn

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-10, 06:46 PM

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

Like Barnster said, to a man of the north, taking what you want through strength, and worshipping the gods, are wholly natural. Not only that, They are actually quite honorable and loyal. They are not evil because they live differantly or are viewed as evil. they are living the only way they know how.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-10, 04:08 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think people might be getting them confused. There's your norse marauders, who worship aspects of the CHaos Gods - for example, they appreciate strength, perfection, power and fear, but as far as I know, they don't actively worship those Gods.

The Chaos Warriors themselves have only one goal, and that is to increase their strength. There's no "turning" of Chaos Warriors - Chaos is the anathema of EVERY other god - including Gork despite some similarities.

Many Chaos Warriors have fallen from the worship of Sigmar, the Lady, etc, and are unlikely to willingly go back to their worship after tasting the power of Chaos, either a) if they know what's good for them, or b) Chaos gives them the outlet that other religions didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-10, 03:33 PM

I've always imagined a somewhat 'Faustian' bargain involved in becoming a Chaos Warrior as well - from what i gather they pretty much commit themselves to their gods, and get boons in return. Said deal i've never really seen as a refundable gig even if they wanted to!

Also, i don't really see any of the warhammer races as being 'Good' per se, all of them are in it for themselves at the cost of others afterall, the Bret Lords don't have any qualms with keeping their subjects firmly under the heel, and the Empire's hardly a fun place to live either for that matter...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-10, 10:46 PM

So Warriors of GOODNESS?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenhotep View Post
Also, i don't really see any of the warhammer races as being 'Good' per se, all of them are in it for themselves at the cost of others afterall, the Bret Lords don't have any qualms with keeping their subjects firmly under the heel, and the Empire's hardly a fun place to live either for that matter...
Everyone has their own big flaws except the goody-two shoes completely perfect High Elves, who GW should let Mat Ward get near lest he turn them into WHFB Space Marines. So the question is more "Would WoC turn away from Chaos?"
But yeah, probably not. The WoC are only allowed to become Chaos Warriors because they're completely devoted to Chaos. They wouldn't turn at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
This is a warhammer forum. Everything is a military operation.

I have spent the last 25 minutes doing reconnaissance on my kitchen for operation: Cup of tea.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 12:03 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Give them Mat Ward. He actually might make them balanced. Adam "Temakador" Troke fucked them up so badly it's unreal. At least now, they don't need ASF, as I5-6 troops are faster than many Lords/Heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-11, 02:53 AM

Jolly Puggles's Flag is: England

I can imagine a Chaos Warrior that perhaps regrets his devotion to the chaos powers...especially if he suffers from one or more of the more debilitating or obviously displayed chaos powers/mutations. I imagine such a character being bitter toward their 'chosen' patron, but held by that power in servitude, unable to free him/herself from the consequences of the choice they made however many years ago. It would take a strong will indeed to renounce one of the chaos powers after becoming one of their favoured champions (i.e. a fully fledged Chaos Warrior, as opposed to a mere cultist) and even then the consequences are likely to be dire indeed without direct intervention from a higher power on your part (which, given the nature of the gods of light, is highly unlikely)...becoming a spawn would probably be the least of your worries!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode