Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Is This Normal????

5K views 31 replies 29 participants last post by  Squeeking up on people 
#1 ·
I have a friend that starts narorating whats going on in the battle and making up a story of how the battle is going for each unit. Is this normal?

Post what your friend or anybody else you have played with(including you self if you wish) does during the battle (THAT ISNT NORMAL) in addition to ansering the question.

#9 ·
I've never witnessed such a person to do that yet, but I'm sure it would be rather interesting. What ever makes the event more enjoyable is great. I wouldn't say it's any less normal than someone who just 'out of the blue' makes noises and voices. I'm sure he just loves a good story.

#12 ·
I once scolded a unit of SM Devastators for missing a Tau Hammerhead for the 5th time by threatening them with penance and extra fire practice... But then again I am even longer in the tooth with Role playing games like D and D.

#15 ·
I played a guy, who whilst setting up was telling me the names of each of his ogres, and if he couldn't remember them then he checked their base as they were all individually named. I thought this was kind of odd, especially when I started killing them and he was like "come on "George" don't fail me. nooooo". It was very surreal

#18 ·
Why not? I know a guy who named all his imperial guard. Of course, he named them all "Bob", but it's the thought that counts...

#19 ·
HAHAHA I did this with a friend once were were siting around not even playing a game when i tipped on of his guys off his window ledge and told him that my guy with the las cannon shot him soon enough we were flicking each others guys over and telling amazing stories like how my commander (Alfus the 2nd apparently) shoved a live krak grenade down his Carnifex's mouth! lol we spent like an hour doing this until he knocked one of my guys off a table and his arm broke. lol I was so mad at him.

#20 ·
Personally, I go into battle after having named each of my models as well as their full family lineage, it really adds a whole new level to the game (Implied Sarcasm)

#21 ·
I nearly always think up a story to every battle i play. in detail, thinking about how each of the different units to die or act heroicly would be rewarded or honoured. After one battle with my warriors of chaos i had a brilliant mental image of my general screaming his head off at a unit of chaos warriors that had failed a break test, before finally having them double decimated and flaying the unfortunate 20%, tearing the flag off their banner and puting the skin of their brothers on the pole instead. as a reminder of what will happen if they ever show such cowardace again.

other than little asides like that i never fail to make engine sounds when moving vehicles in 40k, squelching noises while moving spawns. and when i played vampire counts i would call out "BRAAAAIIIIIIINSSSS!!!!!!" while charging with zombies.

I'm not that much of a freak am I?

#23 ·
Comeon, making noices is the most natural thing you can do playing with plastic spacemen. If you're not above playing with that you shouldn't be above going full circle. Hell, I say "VROOOMM!" every time I move flat out with my raiders and ravagers. And sometimes I yell some really random shit whenever I find it appropiate. Often DoW quotes. One of our Ork players even say "They call me stompy." whenever he moves his Kans around.

#26 ·
i only give names to models that end doin something really weird or insane in the gaem i ounce had a hormagaunt slice who somehow survived and onslaught of orks in cc.

People who make noises and play with there models (unless they are little kids) really need help but the again who am i to say what is mature or imature i do play with little plastic army men.

#27 ·
lol, it depends on how serious your being at the time and the company your with :p.
I know in the past i would pull a wise crack towards a particular engagement and over exagerate a loss of an important asset. Its all in the name of havin a laugh:D... afterall if you take it all to seriously then thats where sore losers come from.

#29 ·
It is perfectly normal. I do it all the time. It`s good for the denser opponents out there who are unable to use their imagination to explain certain situations.

Like how a unit of termagants can defeat a bloodthirster.

Basically, he killed one, then choked when he tried to eat it. At least that`s what I saw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.