The Worst Kind of Elves - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Who are the worst Elves?
High Elves 31 26.96%
Dark Elves 20 17.39%
Wood Elves 22 19.13%
They're all pansies! Death to Elves! 42 36.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

Default The Worst Kind of Elves

Now, as a dwarf player, I hate all elves. But I know this is not so for everyone so what do you think are the worst kind of Elves?

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 02:51 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

The damn hippy wood elfs need to burn in hell.
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 03:12 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

High elves Those Arrogant Bastards!! I can respect the evil of the Dark elves, And the earthy awsomeness of wood elves, But I can not tolerate High elves!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Yay! Other Elf Haters!

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 04:52 AM

col44mag's Flag is: USA

I would personally like to march my chaos horde through elfington burning their freaking tree houses and everything green. afterwords make some Spikes and impale the buggars . Me bitter? nope

"I hear vast screams followed by a vaster silence".

post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 06:09 AM
Ascendant Valor's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by col44mag View Post
I would personally like to march my chaos horde through elfington burning their freaking tree houses and everything green. afterwords make some Spikes and impale the buggars . Me bitter? nope
That happened before, remember? It didn't go too well for the Elves, but in the end they stomped the proverbial sh!t out of the Chaos hordes.

Really though, if it weren't for a heroic last stand to protect a coven of the best mages to ever grace the Warhammer World (quite possibly able to quell the winds of magic from even Lord Kroak), then Chaos would have won that stand, and a war of attrition would have certainly wiped every last sentient organism from the world at that point.

With that, it's obvious I'm a big fan of High Elves. They're the defenders of the great Vortex, the ones who allow all the other races to walk without wading through pure Chaos. They're a dire necessity to the world (not so much for Chaos, though).

Dark Elves are corrupted and disengaged from their elven civility, though they stand in stark balance to the High Elves. The Dark Elves also serve to mitigate the Chaos tides that wish to travel southward by land. With ease, mind you. Hence they actively limit the Chaos forces, while acting as a balancing party for others abroad. Dark Elf raids are quite fearsome, from what I gather.

Wood Elves, on the other hand, only fend off the Beastmen from invading their own forests. They rarely lend aid in any form to any other faction. They play a strategic defense for their own purposes. Should the rest of the world be enveloped by Chaos, and the woods of Athel Loren go unnoticed by the vast hordes, they won't care.

Hence, I argue that the Wood Elves have the least importance in the Warhammer World, so I vote they are the "worst kind of Elves." Don't think I'm saying I despise the Wood Elves. Rather, I respect the idea of Woodland Elves. They're a splinter faction of the High Elves, after all, and I like the idea that the Wood and High Elves could pose a stand with the humans of the Old World should the need arise (and the Wood Elves be pulled into the affairs of others...).

"In the eyes of the Elves of Ulthuan there exists no fear, only grim determination.

Until one has witnessed them in combat, one cannot comprehend the power that they possess."
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

I understand the necessity of the elves, but I'd rather they be replaced with dwarfs protecting it. Side question, what about Grimnir? he has to have some impact regarding the Chaos hordes.

-Labor Unions

post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 04:10 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Chaos Drow..er I mean dark elves I can tolerate, hell at times I can even stand the woad elves, but I draw the line at high elves.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Last edited by LukeValantine; 08-01-09 at 07:05 PM.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 06:57 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I can't stand the selfish and intemperate nature of the Dark Elves. All Elves are arrogant; that's what makes them Elves. The Dark Elves take everything that is good about being an Elf and turn it to zero, then take everything bad and turn it up to twelve.

post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-02-09, 03:23 AM

i have the classic dark elf vision: if its not a dark elf, its a elf that needs to be sacrificed.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode