Could a Bretonnian Knight/Grail Knight ride a dragon into battle as a mount? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By jin
  • 1 Post By The Final Frontier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-17, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

Default Could a Bretonnian Knight/Grail Knight ride a dragon into battle as a mount?

There was a teenager at my shop during the weekend and wanted to start a Bretonnia army, As much as I love Bretonnia it's essentially dead since it haven't been updated in years and it's models are hard to find, tried at first talking him out of it but I can't argue with someone like me that likes Grail Knights lol

He was asking me from a lore perspective if IT'S possible for a Bretonnia Knight(I think that's impossible) or a Grail Knight(possible but highly unlikely) to ride a Dragon into combat similar to a High Elf noble or prince. I would imagine it's possible but extremely unlikely. I doubt the knight would ever find a dragon egg, watch it until it hatches and raises the hatchling into a mount. that kid is hell bent on having a Dragon Knight lol

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra

Last edited by The Final Frontier; 03-08-17 at 11:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-17, 08:30 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

well, i doubt it...under the lattest non AOS rules you couldn't. In AOS, you cannot (since bretonnia ceased to exist altogheter...) in 2nd or 3rd edition i recall you could buy any monster as a mount.
Maybe you could use a model with other rules... can a bretonnia general ride an hippogrif or similar? if so, use those rules on a dragonrider model.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-17, 12:14 PM
jin

Exactly, "counts as" means exactly that you can field anything sensible really,
and I guess the obvious choice is to play it as a freeguild general on a griffon,
but model it as a grail knight on a dragon. those were pretty models imo.
squattin them was insane...
actually i had not checked but why not play brets as things like demigryph knights?
just have to find the models.
neferhet likes this.

Last edited by jin; 03-09-17 at 12:23 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-17, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

I thought the Grail Knights still existed under Lillith's daughter command in AOS?

Am sure a Grail Knight/Bretonnia Lord riding a hippogrif would be fine stat and rule wise with just the model having a dragon.

But from the actual lore, could there be a way for a Grail Knight to ride a dragon? I mean Lilith is an Elven Goddess, maybe she decided this Grail Knight was special so maybe she made a deal with a Sun dragon to let him ride him for something?.....that sounds like 80's Warhammer lore now XD
neferhet likes this.

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-17, 09:42 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

of course, why not. a very SPECIAL grail knight, but i mean...the horned rat bacame a chaos god, so who are we to say no to a cool dragonrider?

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode